Booked on Valor for April 26, 2015, Hotels selling out already!

tawaik

I was online this morning pricing hotels in San Juan, PR for April 25, 2015 for an overnight stay to see PR before sailing April 26 on the Valor. The Sheraton was the hotel of my choice, but, when I put my travel date on expdia.com the system showed that April 25 was sold out:( My thinking was that I had time to book since its almost a year from now. Boy was I wrong!! Lesson learned:eek:

After my discovery, I wound up booking the E.S.J. Towers which is 5 minutes from the airport and 15 minutes to the port. This hotel was within my price range since so many others wanted $200+ per night.

Anyone sailing on the Valor on April 26 out of PR and want to stay the night before, book your hotel ASAP!!

Sheraton Old San Juan requires a minimum two night stay for April 26, 2015. I tried booking a room with my SPG points (I am on the same 04/26/15 cruise), and the website will not show availability until I set the check in date to April 24, 2015. Judging by the price I see, I don't think the hotel is sold out (yet).

My BF and I are on the same cruise. I got the impression that many hotels are not available yet as we are so far out. We are planning to stay a few days in PR either pre-cruise or post cruise. PR looks amazing!

Many have a two night minimum in the OSJ Historic area. So they'll show up as "unavailable." Test it by putting in for two consecutive nights. That will tell you.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We just came back from a FABULOUS cruise on the Valor. Perfect everything! Could not have enjoyed it more..❤️. We stayed an extra day in San Juan and found the Tres Palms hotel to be delightful! It's small, not corporate or fancy..but very clean, nice pool, on the beach, and very friendly. We would definitely stay there again.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was online this morning pricing hotels in San Juan, PR for April 25, 2015 for an overnight stay to see PR before sailing April 26 on the Valor. The Sheraton was the hotel of my choice, but, when I put my travel date on expdia.com the system showed that April 25 was sold out:( My thinking was that I had time to book since its almost a year from now. Boy was I wrong!! Lesson learned:eek:

After my discovery, I wound up booking the E.S.J. Towers which is 5 minutes from the airport and 15 minutes to the port. This hotel was within my price range since so many others wanted $200+ per night.

Anyone sailing on the Valor on April 26 out of PR and want to stay the night before, book your hotel ASAP!!

The Sheraton Old San Juan usually has a two night minimum length of stay when ships are in port. However, if you call the hotel, they may waive the minimum length of stay if you have SPG Platinum status.

Edited by Disconnections

We just came back from a FABULOUS cruise on the Valor. Perfect everything! Could not have enjoyed it more..❤️. We stayed an extra day in San Juan and found the Tres Palms hotel to be delightful! It's small, not corporate or fancy..but very clean, nice pool, on the beach, and very friendly. We would definitely stay there again.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Does it have an elevator? TIA