Are there more frequent aremeti 5 ferries in september?

aznfayeth

I will be arriving in tahiti thursday night and staying 1 night in tahiti before taking the ferry to moorea on friday morning. I see only a 6:50am ferry on friday right now. Are there more frequent ferries in september? Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

Here is an alternate link that lists all ferry schedules, both Amaerti and Terevau. We got this from a local tour operator as we plan to grab a ferry from Papeete to. Moorea and spend the day there when our ship visits in October. Our concern is current schedules show only an 8.50am departure as suitable, as we are scheduled to dock at 0800 it might be a mad dash from one pier to the other :eek::D if anyone can advise to the contrary, please do!!

http://www.netfenua.pf/fer.jsp

Here is an alternate link that lists all ferry schedules, both Amaerti and Terevau. We got this from a local tour operator as we plan to grab a ferry from Papeete to. Moorea and spend the day there when our ship visits in October. Our concern is current schedules show only an 8.50am departure as suitable, as we are scheduled to dock at 0800 it might be a mad dash from one pier to the other :eek::D if anyone can advise to the contrary, please do!!

http://www.netfenua.pf/fer.jsp

Schedules do change on time of year and anticipated demand. However, as I've previously stated you don't always have the luxury of knowing way in advance. Schedule accordingly .........

The Papeete cruise ship dock and ferry terminal are right next to each other. You walk off the cruise ship pier, make a left turn, and the ferry terminal is straight ahead. Eyeballing this on Google Earth, I think you will have to walk about 300 feet between the two. You will have to buy a round trip ticket, and then board. They accept Visa/MC. The boarding process is easy - no security checks.

Its too early to know what the exact ferry schedule will be in October. The published schedule is only for the next couple of weeks. It is also too early to know when your cruise ship is going to actually arrive. It might be early, it might be late. You are going to have to play it by ear when the time comes.

Its too early to know what the exact ferry schedule will be in October. The published schedule is only for the next couple of weeks. It is also too early to know when your cruise ship is going to actually arrive. It might be early, it might be late. You are going to have to play it by ear when the time comes.

Thanks for this info. Yes Ive checked out the location and realise the ferry terminal is close by - sorry I didn't explain myself but my concern is more on how long it takes to get off the ship upon arrival. I've also contacted both ferry companies direct to check (as it is a Sunday when we arrive) and they reconfirm that schedules may change closer to the time so will need to keep an eye out.

If we dock early then that should work in our favour, but if on time am not sure if 50 minutes (based on current ferry schedule) is sufficient. And if we are late docking - well that will just form part of our story telling when we return - as whilst we are excited to pop over to Moorea if worst case it falls through we will play it by ear and come up with a new adventure on the fly!!