Cabin selection on Infinity TA

CoffeeHound

Hi,

We are booked on a westbound TA on the Infinity in October and are trying to decide if we should upgrade our cabin. We're currently booked in a midship AQ2 cabin and could upgrade to one of the newer (bigger?) AQ1 cabins on deck 11 aft.

Neither my mom or I has ever suffered from seasickness before and we have been on some rough(ish) seas before on a panama canal cruise, but we are wondering if it is a bad idea to be at the very back of the ship way up at the top on a TA?

Has anyone had one of those aft cabins on 11? Are they worth upgrading to?

Thanks

Shannon

Hi,

We are booked on a westbound TA on the Infinity in October and are trying to decide if we should upgrade our cabin. We're currently booked in a midship AQ2 cabin and could upgrade to one of the newer (bigger?) AQ1 cabins on deck 11 aft.

Thanks

Shannon

Hi Shannon:

We had the good fortune to be in those aft cabins on Constellation.

I have not looked at the itinerary but some TAs have cool weather. If you're on the northern route you may not get as much use as in the southern warmer one.

Watching the wake is great, we loved the location near the bar and oceanview cafe. Only you can decide whether you will spend your $$ there or on other things to enhance your voyage.

Hi,

Neither my mom or I has ever suffered from seasickness before and we have been on some rough(ish) seas before on a panama canal cruise, but we are wondering if it is a bad idea to be at the very back of the ship way up at the top on a TA?

Thanks

Shannon

We had an AQ1 cabin on 11 aft on the Summit last June and encountered a day of very rough seas in the Atlantic. Although we didn't get seasick, we spent the major part of the day rocking and rolling in our cabin. On our 9 previous cruises in the Med and Caribbean we always had an mid cabin on lower decks and never experienced the same situation. Personally, we won't book a cabin that high anymore and don't feel it's worth the upgrade.

One of the biggest differences in the A2 and A1 cabins on the Infinity (and all the M class ships) is that the A2's have a very large overhang above them so there is little sun, irrespective of which side of the ship you are on. Most of the A2's are under the pool deck and some other areas that can be noisy from above. We've been in A2's a number of times on those ships and would only book 9108 or higher to be under the carpeted buffet area.

The A1 cabins have little to make noise from above and they have very small overghangs above....in fact some, crusing in warmer areas find that there isn't enough cover from the sun.

Certainly the A2's on deck 9 are more convenient to get to....if you want to get to the deck 11 cabins inside, you have to take the rear elevators..there's no inside hallway from any other elevator bank.

Finally, the A1's are newer, and although the A2's have been maintained, some show some areas of wear.

Technically, the new A1's have one more square foot on their balconies :) Just thought I"d throw that in..it's actually true, although a useless fact that doesn't help you at all.

In our opinion, if you are in rough seas, you are going to feel it wherever you are....we take a pill (free from guest services) and don't have a problem.

We've been in over 30' seas in 9108 on the infinity TA last fall off spain and yes, we were rolling a little in bed and walking down the hall holding on to the railings. Our friends on deck 11 said they were rocking and rolling....but we weren't on 11 so I can't comment.

If it's any help...we're on that cruise with you and we're booked on deck 11 :)

Edited by ghstudio

Thanks for the replies. I'm still not sure what we will do, but the information on the balconies might change what my mom thinks. She is going to want as much sun as possible so might be happier in the aft cabin if we get lucky with great weather!

Just to clarify, the port and starboard deck 11 cabins have the shallower overhang. The true afts have partial cover. The largest balcony is 1140. You can look at the deck plan and see that the adjacent cabins have angled balconies that are still a great size. The outer two cabins can be a little noisy as the stairs to the Sunset Bar are right there and you know how ship's doors have the tendency to get away from you and bang shut. 1141 and 1138 do not suffer from the noise issues.

We've been in some fairly rough seas in the Atlantic and as much as I love those deck 11 afts my DH has decided they are not for him in certain waters.

I hope you will love Blu. It's not for everyone but you will food that is prepared to order and fresher.

Have a great cruise.