Anyone ever stay on sky deck balcony cabin with overhang on Constellation?

crazy4cruzin

I have cabin 9173 booked on sky deck right under the overhang. I think it will be just fine, but would love to hear everyone elses opinion about this. My husband is concerned that it will be too dark and no sunlight. Any comments?

All I can say is we had friends in the same cabin on Summit & they loved it!! Depending on which direction you're sailing & the time of day, you will have all kinds of conditions on your balcony!

You'll love it!

Rosie

E-mail me <a href="mailto:JNLROSE@AOL.COM">here</a href>

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;11;26;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0800

CELEBRITY MERCURY HERE I COME!!!

you asked for opinions........... I didnt like it. too dark. Felt like I was tucked up in a cave or something. icon_frown.gif

one level down, and you still have the shade from the over hang, but it wouldnt be so dark. It was kind of echo'y under there. I was in 9099 on the milli.

I have pics taken from the balcony. e-mail me and I will send them.. Somewhere, someone has alot of good pics posted from the outside looking up at the balconys under the over hang. ........ I saw them on this board somewhere....? icon_confused.gif

Lets Go!

Royal's Viking Seranade 1/94

Carnival, Holiday 12/95

Carnival, Jubilee 12/96

Royal's, Song of America 11/98

Celebrity Galaxy 9/99

Royal's, Viking Seranade 6/00

Celebrity, Millennium 12/00

Royal's Vision 2/02

Royal's Vision 12/02

Royal's Monarch 6/03

Celebrity Galaxy 9/17/04 !!

icon_smile.gifOn the other hand, we had cabin 9177 and loved the overhang -- particularly on the one day we had drizzly weather. But then, neither of us are sun bunnies. Regardless, enjoy your cruise

Doug and Terry icon_smile.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=228b22&cdt=2004;10;24;19;00;00&timezone=GMT+0100

Until our Millenium Month (10/24 & 11/07)<BR

Constellation-Transatlantic-Eastbound-26/04/03;

Norwegian Star-Hawaii & Fanning Island-11/24/02;

Bolero-Transatlantic W to E-04/99;

Triton-Greek Isles & Turkey-07/97;

Triton-Transatlantic W to E-03/94;

Atlas-Transatlantic W to E-04/87;

Lord Selkirk II-Lake Winnipeg-06/75 (Honeymoon)

I was in stateroom 9077 on the Constellation. If you want to see what the overhang looks like, go to http://community.webshots.com/photo/101128602/101128893SxrnEf. Like most things, some folks like it and some don't. It keeps out the rain, but also the sun. Possibly the one other negative that comes to mind is that at night, one cannot go out and look up at the stars; a sometimes refreshing thing to do on a warm evening night.

Thanks for the pictures parody. We were in 9043 in March and loved that cabin. We had Tony the cabin steward bring a lounge chair and it fit great with the table and chairs. We tried to get the same cabin for March of 2005 but it was already booked. We have our names on a waiting list for it just in case. We like the overhang. We didn't find the cabin dark and it actually worked out because the sun wasn't beating down on us.

Dolphin - 1990

Horizon - 1994, 1995, 1995

Century - 1997, 2000, 2001

Galaxy - 1998

Zenith - 1992, 1999, 2002

Millennium - 2003

Summit 2004

Summit 2005

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008000&cdt=2005;3;11;16;30;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Countdown to Summit 2005

Thanks everyone for your helpful replies. I think I will stay with this cabin and hope for the best. I like that it looks bigger than the other cabins in the same category. Shade in the hot caribbean sun is o.k. by me!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by parody:

I was in stateroom 9077 on the Constellation. If you want to see what the overhang looks like, go to http://community.webshots.com/photo/101128602/101128893SxrnEf. Like most things, some folks like it and some don't. It keeps out the rain, but also the sun. Possibly the one other negative that comes to mind is that at night, one cannot go out and look up at the stars; a sometimes refreshing thing to do on a warm evening night.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Great Pictures Thanks. Lorelle

Archived