Renewed vow to lose before I cruise!

I have cruised 9 times all the while needing to lose 20-30 lbs. (I look so fat in this dress, etc.) I'm 4'10" so losing weight is very difficult and gaining super easy. We aren't leaving until Feb. 2016 so I have a lot of time to get in shape and lose the weight needed. I prayed to God for help as I love food and especially sweets.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Mary

Edited by silver_cloud

Hello Mary from a fellow Michigander! I feel your pain. I am about 60 pounds overweight. Every time I say "ok, time to eat more salads, lean meat etc, somebody calls and says let's go shopping and Lunch." My will power stinks. I am not sure yet what to do about that, still giving myself "the food talk". Lol I wish you good luck and lots of will power.

Thank you Mama boss! It is hard to have a desk job...my hubby is a builder and is constantly on the run...not me! He brought home prices for our local gym here in Harbor Springs. We're going to look it over and pick a package. I'd rather play tennis there than work out so we'lk see!!!

Sent from my QMV7A using Forums mobile app

Edited by silver_cloud

Hey, I'm a short man 5 ft 5 to be exact, and currently 155 down from 190. Its is a struggle when you are short, I have been working at it for years, just started a new program a few months ago and I am down 10lbs I shooting for single digit body fat and visible abs. I don't know if its OK to name the program but i will anyway, they can delete it if necessary, check out Kinobody by Greg O'Gallagher, its common sense eating and workout program and it works, the pants I wore on my cruise back in OCT 13 are already to big in the waist, size 30 here I come. Good luck and have fun on your next cruise.

UncleG - thank you! We just looked into our local gym - it's $160 per month for the two of us. YIKES!!! I'll check into that workout!

DJS - Wow, we're practically neighbors!! How cool! I just bought some crystal light (ashamed to say it's the first time I've ever tried it) and wow! I picked up two paks and a case of water to try and cure the "I'm hungry but I'm really just thirsty" blues!

Take care all! Mary

The Mio flavored water enhancer is very good to add to water with 0 calories as well. It gets me drinking water that's for sure. I have lost 40 lbs since late summer but am losing motivation. So tired of cold weather and summer is slow coming to northern Michigan. Ready to camp in Boyne and take a ride to HS for a Toms Moms cookie <wink> that is so good for ones diet

Debbie