Price Drop for SOLO Cruiser

Tminish

Quick question....

I am booked in a studio cabin and have heard a lot of people talk about receiving an upgrade before sailing...I am not sailing until October but I DO look at prices almost every day.

Looking at prices for my sailing before putting in that there's only (1) passenger the balcony price starts at $779...When putting in (1) passenger the price jumps up to $1558. So, when doing a upgrade near your cruise date which one do they go by? Because technically as of right now I am paying the price of a balcony as if it were two people booked. ($779)

I am not sure if this makes sense...?? :confused:

If I understand this correctly, you have booked a studio cabin which is priced with single occupancy rates, but are keeping an eye on other cabins that are priced with double occupancy rates. So the new rate you would be looking at would be the FULL price in effect at the time for the upgrade cabin. That will most likely be the PPDO rate x 2.

The fact that you started out by booking a studio cabin does not give you a 50% discount (in effect) on any upgrade you consider.

Edited by mtwingcpa

If I understand this correctly, you have booked a studio cabin which is priced with single occupancy rates, but are keeping an eye on other cabins that are priced with double occupancy rates. So the new rate you would be looking at would be the FULL price in effect at the time for the upgrade cabin. That will most likely be the PPDO rate x 2.

The fact that you started out by booking a studio cabin does not give you a 50% discount (in effect) on any upgrade you consider.

Ok, so near my cruise when price drops in order for me to actually be able to upgrade balconies would have to be about $500 PP/$1000 Total. Correct? Since I am paying $979 for my studio right now.

For example if the balcony was $1100 TOTAL (Double occupancy) and if I wanted to upgrade I would have to pay approximately $120...Give or take some dollars. Am I correct now mtwingcpa???

Quick question....

I am booked in a studio cabin and have heard a lot of people talk about receiving an upgrade before sailing...I am not sailing until October but I DO look at prices almost every day.

Looking at prices for my sailing before putting in that there's only (1) passenger the balcony price starts at $779...When putting in (1) passenger the price jumps up to $1558. So, when doing a upgrade near your cruise date which one do they go by? Because technically as of right now I am paying the price of a balcony as if it were two people booked. ($779)

I am not sure if this makes sense...?? :confused:

Most cruise lines already charge for 2 people per cabin so technically the price per person is $779. However if your only one person then you have to pay for the second person even though there is no second person. That is what is known as the "single supplement". The only pro is that IF you find someone that wants to sail with you can add them up to 3 days before the cruise and all that needs to be port fees and taxes.

Ok, so near my cruise when price drops in order for me to actually be able to upgrade balconies would have to be about $500 PP/$1000 Total. Correct? Since I am paying $979 for my studio right now.

For example if the balcony was $1100 TOTAL (Double occupancy) and if I wanted to upgrade I would have to pay approximately $120...Give or take some dollars. Am I correct now mtwingcpa???

Yep, I think you've got it. :-)

Since I'm on your cruise keep in mind that there is a no single supplement sale going on. I went ahead and did a price check on a solo regular balcony. Cheapest is $1274 before port fees and taxes ($295 more than what you paid), the most expensive regular balcony is $1334 before port fees and taxes ($355 more).

Edited by wichitastatecruiser