Alchemy Bar veterans

Loved everything I tried there on Liberty last Sept. Looking forward to the Closer and 40 is the new 20. Also loved the cucumber sunrise that has watermelon, so refreshing.

"40 is the new 20" was my favorite drink on The Liberty!

Martini Foul! You mixed up your mixologists! ;)

Here's Gabriel[ATTACH]311944[/ATTACH]

Influenced by Martinis, read with caution

LOL - Martini Foul.:p:):D Laughed so hard I almost spit out my non-mixologist made boring water. Thank you for the much needed laugh!!!:p

I could use an Alchemy bar right about now, though!

Edited by vacruizer

Ok.. so in preparation for our cruise on the Freedom and it's new Alchemy bar I am seeking info from those of you who have had a chance to use/experience an Alchemy bar already. I'm trying to find out what the fuss is over the Alchemy bar over any other bar on the ship.

What is the best thing about it? Do you order off of a menu or do you just ask them to make you something special? How do I get the most out of it?

First they are not regular bartenders..they are mixologist.

You can order from the menu or have them make something for you right then and there off the top of their heads.

On the liberty I would say I'm in the mood for something sweet for example and they would ask if I wanted something fruity etc...

Our mixologists were so good, we still keep in touch. It was its own entertainment...we actually skipped most of the entertainment in the theater and went to alchemy. We met some really fun people and it was like a episode of cheers every night.

If you get the chance take their private class..each mixologist had one on the last sea day..what a great time we had!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Forums mobile app

Edited by Bgem75

If you happen to be lucky enough t sail with Dario as your mixologist, order a Mama's Cookie! I went to him and told him I wanted a chocolate drink, but I can't do amaretto and nearly every Carnival chocolate drink has amaretto in it. He made this up and it was SO GOOD. It was orange and chocolate and delicious.

I highly recommend you just go and tell them what you like. You CAN order off the menu, but the bar really thrives off the drinks they create. Dario made my DH a delicious spicy mango martini that was to die for. The bartenders are also super personable. We really enjoyed our time here and by developing a relationship with the mixologist, they get to know your likes and dislikes and try to create awesome drinks for you!

They also offer mixology classes which teach a lot about bar tending and drink mixing - I think it was somewhere around 15-17 bucks, and included 3 mini drinks and one full size one. It was awesome!

If you happen to be lucky enough t sail with Dario as your mixologist, order a Mama's Cookie! I went to him and told him I wanted a chocolate drink, but I can't do amaretto and nearly every Carnival chocolate drink has amaretto in it. He made this up and it was SO GOOD. It was orange and chocolate and delicious.

I highly recommend you just go and tell them what you like. You CAN order off the menu, but the bar really thrives off the drinks they create. Dario made my DH a delicious spicy mango martini that was to die for. The bartenders are also super personable. We really enjoyed our time here and by developing a relationship with the mixologist, they get to know your likes and dislikes and try to create awesome drinks for you!

They also offer mixology classes which teach a lot about bar tending and drink mixing - I think it was somewhere around 15-17 bucks, and included 3 mini drinks and one full size one. It was awesome!

Yes!

We had Dario, Gabor and Daniel!!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Forums mobile app

I'm not a big drinker, but I'm going to hit this up on our next cruise!:D I already know what I'm going to ask for. LOL!

Something that's strong and tastes like a thick and creamy milkshake and something strong that tastes like a strawberry/banana smoothie. Oh yeah!:D

Well, across from the Alchemy Bar is the Shake Spot where you can actually get spiked milkshakes. :D

Martini Foul! You mixed up your mixologists! ;)

Mixed up mixologisis! :D I beg your pardon! The nametag should have been a hint, huh? :D

That's not Gabriel. That's Miro -- my favorite bartender on the Sunshine. I believe he's transferring off to another ship soon, though

I love Miro! We just got off the Sunshine on May 10th. Moro said he is going to Australia in November and will be on the Spirit starting in December.

Are you referring to Nuur (Sp???) on the Freedom. We were on Freedom last summer and she was awesome making martinis and was soooo much fun. Especially liked the Spicy Chipotle. We are leaving on the Freedom 6-1-14 and are hoping she will be on board.

HAPPY CRUISING!

Ok.. so in preparation for our cruise on the Freedom and it's new Alchemy bar I am seeking info from those of you who have had a chance to use/experience an Alchemy bar already. I'm trying to find out what the fuss is over the Alchemy bar over any other bar on the ship.

What is the best thing about it? Do you order off of a menu or do you just ask them to make you something special? How do I get the most out of it?

Our favorite bar on Sunshine. I don't remember the name of the drink but they lit it with a match.Yummy.

Do they have the martini tasting every day? I'm assuming they are 4 oz. each, correct? It looked like it said 40 oz. WOW that would be something! LOL Also, they placemat said $17 - did the price go up to $20?

No, not everyday. Usually the first night and at least one other night. Yes to 4 oz each. They are minis. Once you add the gratuity to the $17, it's $19 n change.

Avoid the Radical Cure. You can thank me for this little tip later. :D