Travel Docs

tmyersc

Hello, I know on other cruise lines you do not have to have a passport for a simple Caribbean cruise! When I goto MSC it ask for a passport, and not let me go any futher. Can't I use my certified Birth cert as always? Help me please

Hello, I know on other cruise lines you do not have to have a passport for a simple Caribbean cruise! When I goto MSC it ask for a passport, and not let me go any futher. Can't I use my certified Birth cert as always? Help me please

yes, I just did my web check in yesterday this way.

If there's a number on the birth certificate, put that in as the passport number. Use last year's birthday as the issue date, and add ten years as the expiration date. (this is what I was told to do).

As stated above, closed loop cruises do not need a passport. However, in addition to a birth certificate you will need a government issued photo id, such as a driver's license.

Edited by Danbee46

But if you have an emergency and need to fly back you will run into trouble. Get a passport card for 30 dollars to prevent this. Send from Danny

From the State Dept website---

The U.S. Passport Card can be used to enter the United States from Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Bermuda at land border crossings or sea ports-of-entry and is more convenient and less expensive than a passport book. The passport card cannot be used for international travel by air.

I'd suggest emailing MSC, since there is never anyone available on the chat option on the website.

Closed-loop cruises in the Carribbean do not require passports. Friends cruise often with another company and no one in her family has theirs.

I never had a problem with MSC's chat option. Sometimes I had to wait a few minutes, but there was always someone there.