Victory. Room 6204, 4J

winniebru

Hi. Has anyone stayed in this room? What are your thoughts?

My first cruise was an interior cabin, my second cruise was a suite with balcony. This cruise is my 3rd and my 13yr old son's first cruise..

I would love a balcony again, but im hoping the "secret deck, walkway" will suffice.... am i fooling myself?

Thanks for any insight.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Forums mobile app

Haven't been on the Victory but it looks like the same design as the Freedom, for which we had a 4J on the 7th deck. The rooms are nice with a big picture window facing forward. The "secret deck(s)", is open to anyone who wanders out forward and can be accessed from various decks. While the ship is underway, it can get rather blustery on these decks. There are benches against the back wall to sit on.

Will it be the same as a balcony? doubtful. But it does cost much less and does have a nice view. Just be aware to close your heavy drapes since people can see into the room, but there is a sheer that helps some.

Steve

• 1 year later...

We had one of these cabins on the Victory but a different deck. It was on the first leg of our b2b, we were very happy our second leg was in a balcony. We personally missed having a balcony and have since decided nothing less than balcony for now on. We found there was a lot of movement even when the seas were calm.