Ensenada Free Wi-Fi?

JohnS43

Are there any places within walking distance of the dock in Ensenada with free wi-fi? (And, on a related note, wouldn't it be a good idea for a "sticky" for a list of wi-fi places for every port on this board?)

Haven't seen any free WiFi posted. There are several coffee places that have WiFi for the cost of a drink.

Guadalajara restaurant has WiFi and excellent birria.

Are there any places within walking distance of the dock in Ensenada with free wi-fi? (And, on a related note, wouldn't it be a good idea for a "sticky" for a list of wi-fi places for every port on this board?)

We used the Starbucks in Ensenada. Free Wi-Fi after you buy a drink. The log in # is on the receipt. Short walk from the dock on the main drag left side. My wife got a iced latte and I went the store next to it for a beer!

Haven't seen any free WiFi posted. There are several coffee places that have WiFi for the cost of a drink.

Guadalajara restaurant has WiFi and excellent birria.

We used the Starbucks in Ensenada. Free Wi-Fi after you buy a drink. The log in # is on the receipt. Short walk from the dock on the main drag left side. My wife got a iced latte and I went the store next to it for a beer!

Yep, I don't think you'll find much in the way of truly "free" WiFi, but plenty of choices if you're willing to buy a coffee, or a beer, or a margarita before starting your web surfing!

Well, I just got back from my cruise and was able to find some free Wi-Fi in Ensenada. Just past the Starbucks (the one that's to the left of the entrance of the cruise terminal, as you're leaving the ship), there's a small outdoor, covered shopping/entertainment center that features a Sanborn's restaurant and the Cinepolis movie theaters. On the main level, there are benches in the central plaza between Sanborn's and the businesses on the other side of the center, one of which is a coffee place. Both Sanborn's and the coffee place advertise Wi-Fi. I was able to connect to a service called "Infinitum" while sitting on those benches with no password or other requirements. Perhaps it came from Sanborn's or the coffee place; I really don't know. But it worked fine.

And on a related note: I have T-Mobile's plan that includes unlimited free data (not high-speed) in Mexico. I was able to get decent 3G coverage while we were docked in Ensenada, and also throughout the downtown area.

• 3 months later...