Canceling with Insurance

espo56

I hurt my hip today. We leave in 3 weeks. I'm seeing an orthopedist tomorrow. If he says I should cancel how do I go about doing it. I booked through a TA and have insurance.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Edited by espo56

Hope you heal quickly. You will need a written doctor's note. Call your insurance company to make a claim. Then they will require your to get copies of all medical records for anywhere for the last 12-18 months. It took four weeks for me to get my refund. Best of luck!

I would call your TA before doing anything. Make sure you follow the appropriate steps based on the insurance policy. Don't cancel the cruise before you have everything in the right order.

So sorry that you have an injury. Not fun to miss a much anticipated vacation.

Take care and best wishes for your recovery.

Celebrity will refund a portion of the fare based on their posted policy. At 21 days out you may only receive a 25% refund of the full fare. At 14 days out you will receive far less. The claim process on the non refunded portion depends on what firm your policy is with. Check with them to ensure your policy has cancelation insurance. Many policies have medical insurance and cancellation insurance as separate options.

You will have to submit the trip invoices plus proof of any refunded portions and medical proof that may, as the other poster said, become quite extensive. You have to be determined.

Sorry you have to cancel your cruise. I know It is disappointing. I'm going through the exact same thing with my father who had to cancel due to unforeseen medical complications.

No vacation is worth your health and wellness. I wish you a speedy recovery.

Edited by TheMediaman

It is so difficult to cancel a trip you have planned with care. We had to cancel a South American cruise and land tour that we had planned for over two years due to illness. The insurance covered 100%, but it took quite a while before all was resolved. There is a lot of paperwork and documentation to be done including documentation of all payments. Invoices were not good enough. Copies of credit card bills were necessary. I had hubby's doctor write a note, but when I received documents from the insurance company, forms for the doc were included. The forms were e-mailed, and the insurance company wants their form, not a generic doctor's note.

Hope you don't have to cancel, but if you do the insurance will take care of it!