Breakaway Bermuda 2014

With 5 Wed in July I was hoping he'd mix it up a little. We leave Sunday, and have a block of aft balconies that we were all hoping would be aft to aft with Celebrity, or at least Breakaway port, with a view of the dockyard - but of course we'll be just as happy to dock starboard and face the beautiful aqua water... hell with 4 days until we sail.. we're just HAPPY!! :D

Camera is pretty stationary now and I only see Summit... I know the Breakaway is there but the suspense was killing me - knew if I signed on here this thread would have the answer for me.

Robin... welcome home! Did you have a nice time?

Thanks VickiD. We had our best vacation ever on Breakaway to Bermuda. Hopefully we will be able to do it again next summer :)

You're going to have a blast!

There's so much to do and see both on the ship and on land.

Do the Rising Son II Catamaran in Bermuda.

Have fun!!!!!

P.S. Go to Malting's on the Waterfront after dinner and see Nacho the bar waiter. He looks just like Johnny Knoxville with his Ray Bans on. Tell him Miss Robin and Brian say hello! He will take such good care of you.

~Robin

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

Edited by meatball_nyc

How was the weather?

Hadn't thought about it much but we are leaving in 11 days on the Breakaway to Bermuda.

It's like - heaven forbid it should rain while we are there - have to find alternative things to do.

Thanks

Go to Malting's on the Waterfront after dinner and see Nacho the bar waiter. He looks just like Johnny Knoxville with his Ray Bans on. Tell him Miss Robin and Brian say hello! He will take such good care of you.

Will do!!! ;)

I'm in packing mode right now... but haven't committed and actually put anything into the suitcase yet. I have clothes everywhere - to be ironed...just ironed...am I taking it.. am I not... to-do lists galore. But that's part of the fun of the last minute craziness.

Edited by VickiD59

How was the weather?

Hadn't thought about it much but we are leaving in 11 days on the Breakaway to Bermuda.

It's like - heaven forbid it should rain while we are there - have to find alternative things to do.

Thanks

The weather last week was sunny, hot and very humid. Actually is was perfect weather for Bermuda. We had a great time and had a wonderful time on the Breakaway and beautiful Bermuda.

July 16th and she's docked on the starboard side @ 7:40 Bermuda time.

Well, the Captain is mixing it up this week, starboard is off pattern. She should be port side today and starboard for next week, if she was following the pattern.

Since May 9th it's been:

Port

Port

Starboard

Repeat

The Captain is now Evans Hoyt as of our sailing last week. This could change your pattern somewhat as a different captain is now on the Breakaway.

• 2 weeks later...

Port side is docked this week.

Thanks everyone.

Bermuda Docking

May 4. Port Side

May 14. Port Side

May 21. Starboard Side

May 28. Port Side

June 4th. Port Side

June 11th. Starboard Side

June 18th. Port Side

June 25th. Port Side

July 2nd. Starboard/Port Side (both!)

July 9th. Port Side

July 16th. Starboard Side

July 23rd. Starboard Side

July 30th. Port Side

~Robin

Edited by meatball_nyc

Port side is docked this week.

Thanks everyone.

Bermuda Docking

May 4. Port Side

May 14. Port Side

May 21. Starboard Side

May 28. Port Side

June 4th. Port Side

June 11th. Starboard Side

June 18th. Port Side

June 25th. Port Side

July 2nd. Starboard/Port Side (both!)

July 9th. Port Side

July 16th. Starboard Side

July 23rd. Starboard Side

July 30th. Port Side

~Robin

Thanks Robin! For a minute, I thought the regulars on this thread had maybe all sailed already and if it's left to me to track, I'll forget to look! :eek: (I generally remember on Friday around 6 PM. Guess that's when my mind is clearing out for the weekend. :p)

With the sailing the week before ours docking starboard, I would've bet money that we would've docked port side (like i wanted!) a week later. Of course this wasn't to be, making ours the first time they had starboard docking two weeks in a row.

I've got to say... having the view from our aft balconies of the beautiful crystal aqua waters of Bermuda and not the bow of the Celebrity ship, had me thankful that I did not get my wish :rolleyes:

VickiD

Glad u had such a great ocean view from your aft. Did the balcony get hot from having the sun on it all day? I've been wondering about that because I never saw anyone hanging out on their aft balconies!

@retpoda, you will not be able to see the fireworks from your starboard side balcony. Either go to deck 8 port side or up to H2O to view Friday night fireworks.

Have fun!

~Robin

Hi, we have a starboard aft cabin. Will we be able to view the fireworks from our balcony?9918

Hi! Just had your cabin last week, it's a great balcony! Unfortunately, they shoot the fireworks from Spice H2O off the port side, so you won't really see them from your balcony. But the party at Spice is lots of fun! I danced all night!

Christina

VickiD

Glad u had such a great ocean view from your aft. Did the balcony get hot from having the sun on it all day? I've been wondering about that because I never saw anyone hanging out on their balconies

We didn't spend a lot of lengthy time out there accept for first thing in the morning while everyone was getting ready for the day, or later on while everyone was getting ready for dinner - ohhh and the first night when my husband was snoring so much that I grabbed my pillow and went to sleep on the lounge chair!!! I was too wound up from being up early and over tired, and not used to the bed or pillows (never did get used to this hot pillows), and not having the fan that I usually sleep with.

But yes, full afternoon sun was hot! Tried to sit out there for some quiet reading time a couple of times but it was too hot.

Having said all that.... I loved the balcony even though we really didn't "hang out" there - too much other stuff to do. I did like hearing the H2O music at night, and loved how once you turn the handle to lock the door, the vacuum seal blocked it all out.

PS- we were able to see the fireworks from our balcony as well.

Edited by VickiD59

Not sure if anyone else had this problem, but the air conditioner would turn off completely after a few minutes, even though the balcony door was locked. I had to keep turning on the AC every few minutes! This was the only complaint on the whole cruise, though. We had a great time!

Christina

We were on Deck 12 with an aft balcony and even with the door closed, we could hear the music from Spice, especially the bass. We were too tired at night for it to bother us.

I know the A/C would shut off once it reached a certain temperature in the room. Although, I'm not sure it was completely off, just not as cool. We would turn the 'quick cool' (snowflake) button on and it would stay on longer. Most nights I went to bed freezing, but with that heavy blanket on the bed, I'd end up waking up hot.

We were on Deck 12 with an aft balcony and even with the door closed, we could hear the music from Spice, especially the bass. We were too tired at night for it to bother us.

I know the A/C would shut off once it reached a certain temperature in the room. Although, I'm not sure it was completely off, just not as cool. We would turn the 'quick cool' (snowflake) button on and it would stay on longer. Most nights I went to bed freezing, but with that heavy blanket on the bed, I'd end up waking up hot.

We found the opposite. :D If we used the snowflake, it would shut itself off after a while. If we just manually put the temperature all the way on the coolest setting, it seemed to generally stay on...?

We found the opposite. :D If we used the snowflake, it would shut itself off after a while. If we just manually put the temperature all the way on the coolest setting, it seemed to generally stay on...?

We had the same issue on the Getaway. Don't push the snowflake as it will shut off after it cools the room down. If you just put it to cool setting it will stay running. Didn't figure it out till 2 days before we were leaving.

I was hoping so badly for a port side docking for our cruise, and was shocked to be the second of a two consecutive starboard weeks. We ended up being so glad that it was - we had aft facing balcony cabins and the view of the open water was spectacular :)