Urgent BOGO question please help

Hi All

Can someone please give me advice please.

I am in Australia so it is too late to ring RCI. With the BOGO sale my cruise has dropped over $2,000.

I know the sale only applies to new bookings and you cannot cancel and rebook but see terms and conditions quote below:

• Any existing booking (Offer Status, Booked Status & Courtesy Hold) that is cancelled on or after 29 April 2014 and subsequently rebooked for the same ship and sailing within the offer period will not be eligible to receive the offer.

What is a sailing - is it the specific date? If so does that mean I can book the same ship but a different date say a week later is okay?

I have put a courtesy hold on till I find out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A sailing is considered a specific ship and date combination. So changing either ship or date would mean it's a different sailing.

Very surprising to see that wording on the offer.

Edited by clarea

Thank you very much for your speedy reply. So far we have paid $2200 off the cruise and if I can change the booking tomorrow I will owe less than I have left to pay.

Hi All

Would I be best contacting RCI bookings or Crown and Anchor to follow up on this tomorrow.

Any thoughts appreciated?:D

I've always had very good luck with C&A.

Hi Guys

I have to say I stalk these sites quite often but don't post a lot but always notice how helpful you guys are with everybody and how quickly you respond.

Thank you it is much appreciated from us less cruise confident.

The BOGOHO doesn't only apply to new bookings. I saved a little over $800 on an existing reservation.

OP is in Australia, and has significantly different terms and condtions than the US.

Hi All

Thanks for that explanation. I had read on other threads about getting the discount and wondered if I was misreading. So the cancelling and rebooking must only apply to Australia. (and maybe others but not the US).

Hi All

Thanks for that explanation. I had read on other threads about getting the discount and wondered if I was misreading. So the cancelling and rebooking must only apply to Australia. (and maybe others but not the US).

Yes, sounds like it. Even the US terms mention the new booking requirement, but they have not been enforcing that part. Perhaps because US bookings can cancel without penalty, so ultimately they are saving themselves some work by allowing price drops without rebooking.