Price protection form - UK?

itf

I'm pretty disgruntled right now after having booked out first NCL cruise on Monday (we're usually Celebrity cruisers)

We booked Monday PM and the price has subsequently dropped for our cabin. These things happen - with Celebrity I just call them and it gets sorted.

Despite the 48 hour price drop guarantee on the web site, they wouldn't budge or even let me speak to a supervisor (this after 15 minutes on hold) - and insisted I'd lose my full deposit if I was to cancel and re-book. That isn't the case in the US, clearly, so has anyone had any success with the price drop form in the UK? :mad:

I wasn't aware of any price guarantee in the UK. Was the 48 guarantee information on the UK site?

If not then if imagine they would be quite correct in saying that anything you may have seen on the US site is irrelevant if you book through the UK office.

I just did a search of the UK NCL website. I don't find any reference to the 48 hour price guarantee? Is this available in the UK?? I know it is part of the U.S. booking, but we don't have all of the protections given to UK cruisers. I know that some UK cruisers prefer booking through the U.S. site and have found ways of doing that. I have no idea of how Celebrity conducts business in the UK.

Hi. Did you book with a travel agent?

What's the price on the next level of cabins.

Last year my cruise price dropped about 2 weeks before. We were in a inside cabin the balconies dropped to about £100 more than the inside . my TA just went into my ncl cruise personliser and changed it for us within minutes our new cabin was there . Paid the £100

with credit card and she didn't even need to speak to ncl.

Hi. Did you book with a travel agent?

What's the price on the next level of cabins.

Last year my cruise price dropped about 2 weeks before. We were in a inside cabin the balconies dropped to about £100 more than the inside . my TA just went into my ncl cruise personliser and changed it for us within minutes our new cabin was there . Paid the £100

with credit card and she didn't even need to speak to ncl.

I have done that several times after the final payment date - you can always upgrade to a higher category cabin and only pay the difference between what you have already paid and the new price on the more expensive cabin. I always book directly through my NCL PCC, and I also contact her if I see that I can do a bargain on an upgrade...

I have done that several times after the final payment date - you can always upgrade to a higher category cabin and only pay the difference between what you have already paid and the new price on the more expensive cabin. I always book directly through my NCL PCC, and I also contact her if I see that I can do a bargain on an upgrade...

Me to. Started in a balcony and through a series of paid upgrades as prices fell I have ended up in an H5 Penthouse Suite for not much more money. Helps if you have a good relationship with your PCC as we do.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

So I might be able to pay the difference between the balcony we now have and the new price of a mini suite? That's something I'd consider.

Yes, I have done that several times. Last year I actually upgraded from an aft-facing balcony cabin on the Epic to a HAVEN Spa Suite about 4 weeks before the sailing date, and paid $400 p.p. for the upgrade. And to be honest - the Haven access alone was worth the upgrade to me.... :p

Edited by TrumpyNor

Never heard of a 48hr price guarantee for NCL. I've got a good agent who tells me when promotions are upcoming.

Today's week one is up to £300 off in a balcony cabin. But the prices will revert to what you paid in a weeks time.

Edited by Single Cruiser