Must Dos in Nice??

Martin and Lindsey

I am interested to hear others' views on the things that shouldn't be missed in Nice.

We are going to be staying there just for a weekend as we will be going to Monaco for the Grand Prix at the end of this month. This means we will have a day to explore Nice.

Not on a cruise but know that Cruise Critic members are 'the best' at giving useful information! :)

I am interested to hear others' views on the things that shouldn't be missed in Nice.

We are going to be staying there just for a weekend as we will be going to Monaco for the Grand Prix at the end of this month. This means we will have a day to explore Nice.

Not on a cruise but know that Cruise Critic members are 'the best' at giving useful information! :)

The market especially the spices...not sure what day the market(s) is though. If you have not been there before...St. Paul de Vence...what a great hillside town to explore,and have a nice luncheon.

Yes, definitely a walk through the lovely flower market in Old Nice. If you enjoy art, the Chagall Museum, designed by the artist himself, is spectacular, particularly the Old Testament series.

I am also interested in this post..we'll be there towards the end of June for a 2 days as part of our 10 day stay on the Riviera before our river cruise through France.

We have planned on walking to Castle Hill, then down through the Old City and Flower Markets one of the days. I had been looking at a food lovers 1/2 day tour, but not sure about that yet. Apart from that, probably walking the Promenade des Anglais, stopping for coffees or wines and watching the world go by! :-) But I'm interested in anything that anyone else has experienced there.

thanks Deb

Hi Martin and Lindsey, from my 4 hours there I did this sort of thing.[YOUTUBE]OXW5R66Td2o[/YOUTUBE]

With your full day you will be able to do a much better job, longer in the Matisse museum, also the Chagall, maybe loaf around on the beach, go swimming, have a nice long lunch and visit that fantastic War Memorial. Nice is a great city, I'm sure you'll have a superb day. That HO-HO bus costs about €20 and leaves from the lido on the Prom, NOT where it shows on the leaflet the tourist office gives out. All the best, Tony