Best Excursions

jasmine196

Hello everyone. I have a question for all you experienced cruises. This is my second cruise, the first one I went on in April we didn't do any excurisons. This trip I'm going on the Valor to Belize, Cozumel, Hondorus, and the Cayman Islands. Do I go with the ships excursions, or should I look else where. I've already found on in Cozumel with the dolphins, and I know we want to go cave tubing in belieze, should I go with the ship or reggies? Any help would be greatly appreicated. Thanks.

We've had good luck booking excursions on-line directly. It saves you money and the group size (such as in cave tubing with Reggies) is usually smaller. We're going on the same trip as you in June and plan to book everything on-line.

Just read up on various reviews to make sure you get a reputable vendor. The advantage to booking with Carnival is if something happens (bus breaks down on the way back to the ship) they will wait for you. I just make sure we have enough time allowed so that it shouldn't be a problem.

Here is a recent Valor review that I saved because it has some good info on excursions:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=211318&highlight=valor

If you are taking excursions at all of your ports, you can save a bundle booking off ship. With 4 ports and an average $20/pp savings per port, well do the math. Do yourself a favor and only use the vendors others have had success with on these boards. Another cave tubing company with happy customers is X-treme.

Archived