Previous Oasis Cruisers

I just booked our honeymoon on oasis of the seas with the BOGOHO sale the other day but not sure if i got a good deal because I have always sailed the older ships and inside/outside rooms.

This is what we booked :

7 night eastern Caribbean Oasis of the Seas out of Ft. Lauderdale May 30 2015
Central Park Balcony Deck 11

Total after all taxes fees and prepaid gratuities : 2273.06 for 2 adults

This is twice as much as any other cruise I have taken but also a balcony on Oasis in May.

Is this a good deal?

Also booking the interior room for this cruise was only 85 total cheaper than the CP Balcony on this sale. Edited by researchfreak90

My girlfriend and I are leaving on the Oasis on Saturday with the same kind of balcony, but on deck 10. I booked in February during some OBC sale. I paid 1993(including gratuities) and got $150 OBC. I would say you got a decent deal.

I would have thought you would get a better deal. I paid that for a 7-night cruise on Allure 4-months in advance.

Have you looked into Travel Agents or travel websites? They may be able to save you some money in addition to offering you pre-paid gratuities, onboard credit, complimentary specialty restaurant dinners, and / or pre-paid drink packages.

You'll have a fantastic time on Oasis.

All the best for your wedding (and planning)!

My DH and I sail on May 31 and we paid $1940 (including gratuities) plus received a $150 OBC for an oceanview balcony on deck 11. When we originally purchased our cruise in June of 2013, the price was $2700 (including gratuities) but we noticed a huge price drop before our final payment date. My recommendation is to do a mock booking every day and if you notice a large price drop, call RCCL and they will change it. Edited by BeachLover01

[quote name='researchfreak90']I just booked our honeymoon on oasis of the seas with the BOGOHO sale the other day but not sure if i got a good deal because I have always sailed the older ships and inside/outside rooms.

This is what we booked :

This is twice as much as any other cruise I have taken but also a balcony on Oasis in May.

Is this a good deal?

Also booking the interior room for this cruise was only 85 total cheaper than the CP Balcony on this sale.[/QUOTE]

A good deal to you is different to another person. I sailed Oasis in 2012 the week before Christmas and paid over $2,500 for 2 adults in an interior room. So judging by that, you got a good deal for a CP balcony. :D

Watch closely for price drops and take advantage of them. You'll likely end up saving a little off the original purchase price, either with OBC or final payment savings. Our original purchase price was close to yours, but we ended up saving almost $900 by watching for drops. Good luck and have a great time!

[quote name='researchfreak90']I just booked our honeymoon on oasis of the seas with the BOGOHO sale the other day but not sure if i got a good deal because I have always sailed the older ships and inside/outside rooms.

This is what we booked :

Is this a good deal?

Also booking the interior room for this cruise was only 85 total cheaper than the CP Balcony on this sale.[/QUOTE]

you did fine!
We were on the Oasis in March and paid $2600 for an outside balcony. We did Eastern also. I did a review which has all the compasses, photos of the ship, information, and also pics of the All Access Tour

Click on the link below to see the review

This is what we booked :

Is this a good deal?

Make sure you check prices day and night. I'm leave may 24 Oasis and got central park balcony, deck 11 for 729.00 and FB balcony for 1600.00 and D1 for 999.00 - it pays to check - we started out way higher than these prices.

I am looking at the Allure or Oasis for this sale also. How are the interior balcony cabins? Is there a lot of noise from below and is there any sunlight? Any other thoughts are welcome.
Gail

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

[quote name='caneguy']you did fine!
We were on the Oasis in March and paid $2600 for an outside balcony. We did Eastern also. I did a review which has all the compasses, photos of the ship, information, and also pics of the All Access Tour

Click on the link below to see the review[/QUOTE]

Thank you caneguy!

This is what we booked :

Is this a good deal?

Timing is everything on many dates for this sale. Its for your honeymoon so I assume the booking is for immediately after your wedding. We are booked in a Central Park Balcony on Deck 11 on August 22, 2015. Our total all fees and gratuities included : 1627.00. We also received $150 OBC and a dinner for 2 @ a specialty restaurant from our TA. Edited by cruisingsince94