ZIPLINING QUESTION - Heavier person

#1TravelMom

Depends on the zip line course. You can check several of the websites, South Shore Canopy, Pirates of the Caribbean, Clip N Zip, etc. for any restrictions. Go to the one of the zips with the double safety lines and other stronger features. I think some will take people up to 300 pounds. I've seen some pretty hefty tall football player types on these. They do have different size harnesses.

We are fluffy (just a lot less fluffy than a year ago) and are considering the zip line course. The ones in Roatan I have checked have a weight limit of 325 and a waist size of 50 or less. I have been warned that there is a significant amount of walking over uneven terrain. Obviously you also need to be able to climb up to the platform(s) so they also need to consider their ability to do that as well.

While I am sorta "fluffy" I am not in the 225 lb range. More chunky as I am also sorta short……..

and…. I did a zip in Costa Rica --- but I will say while it was a blast and I enjoyed it and glad I did it - - I don't have to do it again. ;)

It was hot and its a lot of work !!!! I literally looked like I stepped out of the shower when I was done. We did 13 lines and I was pooped when done. We didn't have too much walking but once on the platform I had to kind of jump up a bit for the guides to "clip" me in…..

Anyway - perhaps its a good idea to watch some videos beforehand so everyone will have a good idea of what they are getting into :eek: Just a suggestion.

• 2 weeks later...

For this discussion, I will call myself male, tall (6'4") and fluffy. For perspective, it is possible and I have bowled my weight but only by a few pins/pounds. I zip lined on Roatan with Victor (Zip n Dip) and had a great time. It was very safe and they had a "grande" harness for me. I plan on returning on my next couple cruises since I had such a great time.

I have previously been places where I was turned down and even had one place where I could not get the harness to fit (in front of the group). But I can say that Victor's was able to accommodate my fluffiness. Hope this helps.