Gem - Haven restaurant?

gobo

I don't think they are doing that on the current Jewel class ships that are getting refurbished as we speak, so I would have to say no. That is of course unless someone else knows different. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don't think they are doing that on the current Jewel class ships that are getting refurbished as we speak, so I would have to say no. That is of course unless someone else knows different. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Why would they. Cagney's serves exactly the same purpose except dinner. All the suites on the new ships are Haven and have access. Same is true on the Gem all the suites gave access. Same menus.

On our upcoming cruise on the Gem we're in the owners suite overlooking the bow. Are you saying our butler would serve us breakfast and lunch from Cagneys in our room or would he have to be in the Haven courtyard for this to happen?

On our upcoming cruise on the Gem we're in the owners suite overlooking the bow. Are you saying our butler would serve us breakfast and lunch from Cagneys in our room or would he have to be in the Haven courtyard for this to happen?

You butler will be happy to serve you in the OS from Cagney's.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

There is a vast difference in the Havens on the Jewel/Gem class ships and the new builds. Without doing the math, I would say that the Havens on the new builds serve at least four or maybe five times the number if passengers, and don't feel exclusive at all to me. There just isn't the demand for an entire restaurant just for Haven guests on the smaller ships, and in my opinion, there is no need for it - every Haven suite has the Haven with tables for dining on anything on the ship and has a table for dining in the suite. I much prefer the Gem/Jewel class Haven.

Robin

Edited by Fishbait17

We were in an owners suite on the Gem a couple of years ago. One of my favorite things was having the butler bring us breakfast in our cabin. Worked out great for port days especially and also when you have a teenaged girl that takes forever getting ready in the mornings. We missed breakfast in Cagneys our first sea day because she took too long.

Just an FYI. The breakfast and lunch from Cagney's is only available to suite guests either in your cabin or the Haven during the hours that Cagney's is open for breakfast or lunch. Otherwise you'd need to just order from the room service menu.

There is a vast difference in the Havens on the Jewel/Gem class ships and the new builds. Without doing the math, I would say that the Havens on the new builds serve at least four or maybe five times the number if passengers, and don't feel exclusive at all to me. There just isn't the demand for an entire restaurant just for Haven guests on the smaller ships, and in my opinion, there is no need for it - every Haven suite has the Haven with tables for dining on anything on the ship and has a table for dining in the suite. I much prefer the Gem/Jewel class Haven.

On Jewel class 18 to 20 rooms have Haven access (counting the GV as 3 rooms but they probbaly don't use it much), another 30 Suites have VIP breakfast/lunch but no Haven access. I would like to see a suites dinner resturant but I doubt they have room. The MDR is just ok vs the Haven club is much better.

The Jewel Haven is pretty small but big enough and enjoyable and quiet and relaxing. I think they should make it adults only although I've never had a problem.

I like the bigger Haven on Epic. Its easy to find some quiet space somewhere within the Haven complex. The fitness center is very usable versus Jewel's is like being in a closet.

The Haven room prices have risen enough to $400+/day/person that there are luxury alternatives to consider, you will give up room size and big ship features.

Edited by floatplan

If you are in ANY suite and have a butler, they will be more than happy to serve you breakfast and lunch from Cagney's, in your room, any time you ask. The butler will also serve you dinner in your room.

P.S. Mini-suites not included, they really aren't suites. They have zero perks.