Just booked!

Just booked our first cruise on RCI - Brilliance of the Seas!!

Myself, husband, and 2 kids ages 9 and 11 at the time we will cruise. :) My parents in their 70s, my mil in her 70s and bil in his late 40s.

It's a 5 day - to Key West, FL and Cozumel, Mexico.

Would love to hear anything and everything about the ship and the ports. :) TIA!!!

Myself, husband, and 2 kids ages 9 and 11 at the time we will cruise. :) My parents in their 70s, my mil in her 70s and bil in his late 40s.

Would love to hear anything and everything about the ship and the ports. :) TIA!!!

You are going to LOVE cruising - have been on Brilliance and her sister ships and they are the perfect size for a first cruise. Key West is fun and you can get off and take tours off of the ship. In Cozumel, there are taxis out front for the beach and they will take you for a reasonable price. You may want to book an excursion from the ship. Enjoy - and I bet you will book your next cruise while you are still sailing!;)

One - welcome to the addiction of cruising:p

Two - The Radiance Class ships are gorgeous, lots of glass and brass. We love all the ships and Brilliance is no exception. Very pretty

Three - Key West, not our favorite place, but we love Cozumel. If you are beach people, head to Paradise Beach. Very inexpensive, beach and pool are gorgeous, great way to spend the day there. They have toys in the water, $12 pp to spend the entire day playing out there.

Thank you all so much.

Can anyone tell me how the meet and mingle works? Really don't understand it from the instructions. I have searched for our sailing date too and didn't find it...March 14, 2015. :)

Also, do you all know if there is anything to hang a pocket hanger outside of the cabin doors? I know on Disney ships they have a Fish Extender next to your door that you can hang things.

Thanks again!

Thank you all so much.

Can anyone tell me how the meet and mingle works?

There wont be an official Meet and Mingle on your cruise because its not 7 nights or longer.

I dont see a roll call for your cruise either :) Maybe you could start one! :) From there, yall could always have your own little Meet and Mingle. Thats what we did on my 3 night and 5 night cruises.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=257&order=desc

Edited by ryano

Thank you all so much.

Can anyone tell me how the meet and mingle works? Really don't understand it from the instructions. I have searched for our sailing date too and didn't find it...March 14, 2015. :)

Also, do you all know if there is anything to hang a pocket hanger outside of the cabin doors? I know on Disney ships they have a Fish Extender next to your door that you can hang things.

Thanks again!

Any magnet clip works for hanging things on the door or inside walls. The walls and doors are metal.

You should start your own thread! :cool:

Enjoy :)

Did the conch tour train in Key West with then 7 year old and also did the Hemingway House to see the cats which he really enjoyed. Your kids would probably enjoy it also. Did the Jewel of the Seas so same class of ship. Have fun.

Edited by Sky616