Embarkation day question

PUGSLEYTAZ

We are sailing HAL for the first time in a couple weeks (Westerdam). Can someone let me know who they handle embarkation day and stateroom access? We recently sailed PRncess and you can go directly to your cabin when you board. Your luggage gets delivered over the next few hours of course but you have access to your state room. We often sail Norwegian and you don't have access to the staterooms for several hours and need to make sure you have what you need in your carry on luggage for that time.

How does HAL do it?

thanks so much!

You can go straight to your room. The cabin steward may still be finishing things up (delivering tickets, flowers, etc) but you can drop off your carry-on bags, stow valuables in the safe, or take a nap before the emergency drill. :)

Thanks so much! That is one thing that i LOVED about Princess over NCL.

Do they do the lifeboat drill right after sailing?

Any other HAL or Westerdam tips and advice?

The lifeboat drill is usually done 45 minutes before sailing. For example, if you are sailing at 5:00 p.m., the lifeboat drill will most likely be at 4:15 p.m. I've not been on the Westerdam but I've been on her sister ship the Noordam many times. You are going to love this ship - large enough but not too big. There is a lot of public space so it never feels crowded (except when you do the lifeboat drill!!). Have fun.

Like Princess.

In theory. We have encountered a few occasions when stateroom direct was not available due to staffing problems.

In those cases, you can go directly to the Lido until cabins are ready.