How to go about a price adjustment

Greetings!

I just booked my second cruise with Royal Caribbean (Allure of the Seas) for June 8th 2014. Because I procrastinated, naturally I did not get my intended stateroom. I was shooting for a Boardwalk balcony stateroom but they were apparently sold out. I sailed on Oasis last summer and loved that location.

I have never had an ocean stateroom so I super-sized with this trip with a D4 cabin on deck 6. I am having some serious sticker shock to be honest as a solo cruiser. But hey... you only live once right LOL?

I purchased with a big box store that will remain nameless. If I understand correctly if I can watch to see if the cost of the cruise goes down (for the category I selected). Then, I can call the TA and they can contact Royal to see if they would be willing to either upgrade or offer a price adjustment. I know it is not guaranteed but worth asking about in my book. With that said, I have never actually done this before but I thought it was worth researching.

In addition, I was under the impression I could also watch to see if the category ABOVE D4 went below what I paid for my stateroom. Then, I could also ask for an adjustment.

Where I am confused is what is considered a "higher category". Would that be the Jr Suites? Or would should I look at for example D7?

Thanks! :cool:

Edited by wonderdox

If you are sailing on June 8th of this year, then you are already past final payment and paid in full. The only option open to you would be upgrading to a higher category. Once final payment is past, Royal will not give refunds or on board credit if the price goes down.

As for another, higher category of D balcony cabins, unless the location of a D3 or higher is that much better than yours, there is no point moving. All D cabins are the same size so there is nothing to be gained by moving.

If a JS comes up then you might want to see if you can move into it.

Greetings!

I just booked my second cruise with Royal Caribbean (Allure of the Seas) for June 8th 2014. Because I procrastinated, naturally I did not get my intended stateroom. I was shooting for a Boardwalk balcony stateroom but they were apparently sold out. I sailed on Oasis last summer and loved that location.

I have never had an ocean stateroom so I super-sized with this trip with a D4 cabin on deck 6. I am having some serious sticker shock to be honest as a solo cruiser. But hey... you only live once right LOL?

I purchased with a big box store that will remain nameless. If I understand correctly if I can watch to see if the cost of the cruise goes down (for the category I selected). Then, I can call the TA and they can contact Royal to see if they would be willing to either upgrade or offer a price adjustment. I know it is not guaranteed but worth asking about in my book. With that said, I have never actually done this before but I thought it was worth researching.

In addition, I was under the impression I could also watch to see if the category ABOVE D4 went below what I paid for my stateroom. Then, I could also ask for an adjustment.

Where I am confused is what is considered a "higher category". Would that be the Jr Suites? Or would should I look at for example D7?

Thanks! :cool:

Being after final payment, you can't get any price adjustment, only possible upgrade.

Don't be bummed- the price you paid was ok for you at one point, so instead of worrying about what you pay relative, try to get a better cabin!

We were in the same boat (punny...) and just upgraded from a Boardwalk balcony to a JS. What the heck!

Don't be bummed- the price you paid was ok for you at one point, so instead of worrying about what you pay relative, try to get a better cabin!

We were in the same boat (punny...) and just upgraded from a Boardwalk balcony to a JS. What the heck!

LOL you are right.

Still kicking myself for waiting so long to book. One of my best friends expressed interest in cruising this summer so I wanted to wait to book (which was dumb). In the end she was not able to get the days off work bless her heart.

Part of me did not want to sail solo this time around but the desire to cruise took over. I was in the process of booking a boardwalk cabin (there was only one left) when it did not go through online. Another lesson learned but apparently you should call to ensure you get that last spot.

Thanks again :)