Adding $ on someone's S&S as gift?

So, I'm looking at Bon Voyage and wanting to get my family (traveling with us) something...but event the t-shirts I'm not sure will fit. I have not seen these family members in 3 years even though we talk weekly (my sis and her kids).

Can I just bring cash and add it to each of their S&S card and will Carnival let them know I put it on there as a gift or will they just see a $20 credit and not even realize it was me that did it? Just wondered, Thanks!!

I was still thinking of getting a small fruit basket so they have some kind of surprise in the cabin.

I recently read a post where family member sent a gift to a passenger's cabin and specifically requested that a note be attached; he gifts just showed up with nothing to indicate where they came from. They had no clue that someone from home had sent the gift until they returned from their cruise. Suffice it to say the gifter was NOT a happy camper with Carnival.

I needed one last gift for my mom for Mother's day so I ordered a Carnival gift card for her upcoming cruise. That may be something to consider.