Gratuity included...so do we tip? Who, when, where?

The first time we did not give an extra tip to our waiter; he was delightful but truly an awful

waiter, really bad. We were leaving the ship never to see him again and there he was as we

were checking out. He gave me a big hug and a fond farewell....guess it's not all about money but how you treat one another.

Dead right! they are happier with the auto/daily grats when there experience has been good as well, not always so with the high tipping obnoxious demanding cruiser.

I don't tip extra unless there is above and beyond service.

I agree!

However, we've usually always had great service so here's how we tip in such cases...

I tip $1 to bartenders for my drinks...be it soda/booze. I don't usually just hang out at the bar but sometimes if I do...I'll tip more.

I tip our MDR staff at the end of the cruise.

I tip room service depending on the size of the order...usually $2-$4.

We tip our room steward at the end of the cruise about $25-$30.

We tip our excursion drivers and guides depending on how well they treated us and did their job.

I rarely use the spa but will tip extra if I do.

We tip extra in specialty restaurants.

There has only been a few times that I haven't tipped extra for soda/booze; mostly that was because of a bad attitude or rude service. But it's been extremely rare that this happens!

Porter's and cab drivers/van drivers/limo drivers...we tip them.

We basically tip anyone who does anything extra special for us.

I don't leave home without at least $50-$60 in $1 bills, several $5s, $10s, & $20s.

It would never occur to me to stiff anyone that gave me good/great service! Remove my daily tips from our account...it would never happen! Even if service wasn't the best...it's shared between too many people to let bad service from one person ruin it for the others. And as I've said, in all my years of cruising...it has been extremely rare that we've ever had bad service. Maybe we're just lucky...I don't know...but it's been rare.

That's how we roll!:D

Edited by mousey