New use for a ship on a stick!

cmcsharon

On one of our cruises my brother-in-law (an avid golfer) challenged my brother (who never golfs) to enter the putting contest...thinking my brother would make a fool of himself.

Well...my brother ended up winning...and, a gracious winner he is NOT!

Here's how he showed up at dinner that night...

Mike.jpg

That's great! It reminds me of the couple that were bragging about how good they were at the bean bag toss and how they had an "official regulation" set up at home in their backyard blah blah blah. I, on the other hand had never played before, made it to the finals as did the other couple and a kid about 13-14 yrs old. So the 4 of us were told to divide up and of course the couple immediately chose each other and I took the kid. I have never been more proud than the moment they awarded me and my new teen friend the 24kt gold plastic ship on a stick. It was great watching the "official regulation" couple lose to a first timer and a kid.

I love that he showed up with new jewelry around his neck...it looks great....:D

Two stories: 1) On our honeymoon in 1998, my husband won his first Ship on a Stick. I took a video of him locking it in the safe in our room.

2) My brother-in-law was an avid ping pong player. He and my husband entered the ping pong tournament. The games were over a course of several days. My sister-in-law and I wanted to do line dance lessons and the time overlapped with the tournament. So she and I would head down t the lessons and the men would come when they were done with their round of play. The more people they beat, the longer it was before they would come to the dance lessons. Well, they were always early.........One morning at breakfast, there was a table for ten that was filled with a Chinese group. I told our guys they better hope the Chinese weren't in the tournament. But of course, they were. They showed up with their own paddles in carrying cases. The end of the story? My brother-in-law did not advance any further. My husband was defeated by a Chinese WOMAN! We have never let him live that down!

We always create a "pot" with everyone chipping in $5 and the first one to capture a ship on a stick gets the pot.

Last year, my dear sister won playing a game similar to minute to win it. We met up with our husbands and my DH had a ship. I asked him how he did it. He said he won it at the black jack table. He offered a guy $5 for it, Guy turned it down. Offered $10 guy accepted. My DH who gave $10 for a hunk of plastic netted $30 (8 of us at $5 in the pot.) We laughed for days. The guy at the table did pretty good too...got ten dollars for a 25 cent plastic junk.

On one of our cruises my brother-in-law (an avid golfer) challenged my brother (who never golfs) to enter the putting contest...thinking my brother would make a fool of himself.

Well...my brother ended up winning...and, a gracious winner he is NOT!

Here's how he showed up at dinner that night...

Mike.jpg

Your brother is innovative and thinks like I do! He also dresses well too!!!

What's with the Sun glasses? He does look cool with them though.:D

That is the funniest picture! Way to rub it in his face. What did he use to make the "chain?" Too cute. :D

The "chain" was a piece of curly gold ribbon.

This was a 50th anniversary cruise for our parents and we had made goodie bags tied with the ribbon for everyone. He repurposed it! :D

Your brother is innovative and thinks like I do! He also dresses well too!!!

What's with the Sun glasses? He does look cool with them though.:D

Oh yeah...the sunglasses! He said he was wearing those because of the paparazzi...since he was so famous now from winning the golf game!! :)

Two stories: 1) On our honeymoon in 1998, my husband won his first Ship on a Stick. I took a video of him locking it in the safe in our room.

2) My brother-in-law was an avid ping pong player. He and my husband entered the ping pong tournament. The games were over a course of several days. My sister-in-law and I wanted to do line dance lessons and the time overlapped with the tournament. So she and I would head down t the lessons and the men would come when they were done with their round of play. The more people they beat, the longer it was before they would come to the dance lessons. Well, they were always early.........One morning at breakfast, there was a table for ten that was filled with a Chinese group. I told our guys they better hope the Chinese weren't in the tournament. But of course, they were. They showed up with their own paddles in carrying cases. The end of the story? My brother-in-law did not advance any further. My husband was defeated by a Chinese WOMAN! We have never let him live that down!

My nephew got to the finals of ping pong last thanksgiving on his first cruise. He lost to the pros with their own paddles too. I had an extra ship on a stick and presented it to him at dinner in honor of his doing so well.

62A3E603-7A66-4F5C-9E63-9AEB6207FF5F_zpsn4khds3g.jpg