Frustrated with Accounting

texasgirl73

Hi there. I made my first reservation with NCL last month. I originally chose a Haven 2 bedroom Family Suite on the Getaway for my family of 6. After a lot of contemplating I decided to change to a Haven Aft Facing Suite with a connecting balcony room. I lost Haven privileges for 2 of but I decided it was worth it for the extra space and huge aft balcony. The cost was virtually the same as was the deposit. When I made the change my original reservation was changed from 6 people to 4 and a new reservation was made for 2. The cruise consultant told me $500 dollars would be transferred from the original reservation to the new one. She even gave the hold an extension so that accounting would have time to make the transfer. Several days later my second reservation was canceled. I called to find out why the money wasn't transferred and was told that they tried to make the transfer and that the reservation was already canceled so they couldn't do it. She reinstated my reservation (after leaving me on hold off and on almost an hour) and assured me that she had made all the arrangements for the money to be transferred and that she would personally watch to see it happened. The next day a different PCC called me to introduce himself. I told him about my issues and he also assured me everything was set. The next day I got an email telling me my reservation was set to be canceled if I didn't pay. I called the PCC and he said he didn't know why the transfer hadn't occurred and that he would check the next day. He extended the date on the hold but it's now been over a week and the transfer has not occurred. The hold expires on Monday. I could just pay the $500 but this cruise is in June 2015. I think $2500 is enough money for me to hand over and I have a cruise in October and a family trip to Chicago in August so I don't want to give NCL any more money than necessary.

I realize I set this problem in motion by making the change but it's frustrating to see that they can't get their act together. Anyone else have this kind of problem before?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by texasgirl73

Hi there. I made my first reservation with NCL last month. I originally chose a Haven 2 bedroom Family Suite on the Getaway for my family of 6. After a lot of contemplating I decided to change to a Haven Aft Facing Suite with a connecting balcony room. I lost Haven privileges for 2 of but I decided it was worth it for the extra space and huge aft balcony. The cost was virtually the same as was the deposit. When I made the change my original reservation was changed from 6 people to 4 and a new reservation was made for 2. The cruise consultant told me $500 dollars would be transferred from the original reservation to the new one. She even gave the hold an extension so that accounting would have time to make the transfer. Several days later my second reservation was canceled. I called to find out why the money wasn't transferred and was told that they tried to make the transfer and that the reservation was already canceled so they couldn't do it. She reinstated my reservation (after leaving me on hold off and on almost an hour) and assured me that she had made all the arrangements for the money to be transferred and that she would personally watch to see it happened. The next day a different PCC called me to introduce himself. I told him about my issues and he also assured me everything was set. The next day I got an email telling me my reservation was set to be canceled if I didn't pay. I called the PCC and he said he didn't know why the transfer hadn't occurred and that he would check the next day. He extended the date on the hold but it's now been over a week and the transfer has not occurred. The hold expires on Monday. I could just pay the $500 but this cruise is in June 2015. I think $2500 is enough money for me to hand over and I have a cruise in October and a family trip to Chicago in August so I don't want to give NCL any more money than necessary.

I realize I set this problem in motion by making the change but it's frustrating to see that they can't get their act together. Anyone else have this kind of problem before?

That aside, I would move the entire family back into the suite. What good is it going to do you if you all can't enjoy the perks together? Unless, of course, you have no plans to use the Haven. Then that is a different story .... and no, I've never had that problem, but I'm sure they will work it out. EDITED - if you have 2 kids AND that cabin connects, move the minors into the balcony (on paper) - then ALL of you will have the suite perks and Haven use.

Edited by SissasMomE

The cruise is over a year away. You can easily just cancel and book a new cruise.

As to the choice of mixing suites with non suites. Non suites can not eat in the Haven restaurant. That would be a deal breaker for me.

SissamomE is right. If you have minors traveling with you they can be booked in the connecting cabin and the reservation is linked to the Haven suite. The adults have to be booked into the Haven suite. Then both cabins will have Haven privileges. I have this type of reservation on the Breakaway booked. We're 4 adults and 2 kids. The kids are booked into the balcony and all 4 adults are booked into the suite.

Trust me, I really had to think long and hard to change from the one 2 bedroom suite to the aft suite with connecting balcony. The Haven 2 bedroom balconies are just sad. We couldn't stand together on the balcony. If the balcony was bigger I might have stuck with it. I was gonna eat at mostly specialty restaurants anyways so giving up the Haven restaurant is not a biggie. The kids love buffets and will want to eat room service breakfast on the balcony anyways.

SissamomE is right. If you have minors traveling with you they can be booked in the connecting cabin and the reservation is linked to the Haven suite. The adults have to be booked into the Haven suite. Then both cabins will have Haven privileges. I have this type of reservation on the Breakaway booked. We're 4 adults and 2 kids. The kids are booked into the balcony and all 4 adults are booked into the suite.

Wow. I tried to book it that way and the lady made me put an adult in each. Wouldn't let me put the kids in the balcony, even when I told her I had read that NCLs policy was to allow minors in adjoining cabins with parents.

Edited by texasgirl73

Wow. I tried to book it that way and the lady made me put an adult in each. Wouldn't let me put the kids in the balcony, even when I told her I had read that NCLs policy was to allow minors in adjoining cabins with parents.

No no no!! If those rooms connect, call her back and if she won't do it, speak with a supervisor!! You will lose your suite perks if it is not done this way.

Edited by SissasMomE

Trust me, I really had to think long and hard to change from the one 2 bedroom suite to the aft suite with connecting balcony. The Haven 2 bedroom balconies are just sad. We couldn't stand together on the balcony. If the balcony was bigger I might have stuck with it. I was gonna eat at mostly specialty restaurants anyways so giving up the Haven restaurant is not a biggie. The kids love buffets and will want to eat room service breakfast on the balcony anyways.

I know ... those balconies are tiny. It's a shame.

No no no!! If those rooms connect, call her back and if she won't do it, speak with a supervisor!! You will lose your suite perks if it is not done this way.

Thanks for the info. I'll talk to my PCC on Monday ( I have since been assigned one.) Although he asked me if I realized we wouldn't get the perks for everyone. I told him I understood. I wonder why he didn't suggest that I switch the kids into the balcony room.

This type of reservation is a complicated reservation. A skilled PCC who knows what they're doing will know how to input it into the reservation system and needs a managers over ride. The system won't allow a minor to be booked into a cabin without someone over 21 on the reservation. Call back on Monday and ask for a PCC to do it.