$900 obc!!!

sjcarter407

First of all I want to say thank you to all of the CC members. I wouldn't have known to call about a price adjustment if it wasn't for you. :D

I checked the price today and they are running a summer sale. We are traveling with a party of 9 and the person who originally booked the cruise was with me. I told her and she told me to call them. I was on the phone for 13 minutes and got $900 of on board credit. Three people will get $93. Two people will get 100 and four will get $105. I seriously couldn't believe how easy it was!!

Thank you again CC!!!

Lucky you! Congrats!

I once got $700 OBC and have a promotional $200 this cruise. :D Since we are already paid in full and didn't book early saver I think we did pretty well. We have upgraded twice from an OV to balcony and now to extended aft balcony on deck 7 plus got the OBC. Now if I can just get an upgrade to a suite! ;)

How exactly does the OBC work and where does it show up on your account when you log into your account to manage it on the Carnival website?

Also, what types of things can you use your OBC for? Can you pay for excursions prior to departure and use it or do you have to wait until you are actually on the cruise before you can access it?

How exactly does the OBC work and where does it show up on your account when you log into your account to manage it on the Carnival website?

Also, what types of things can you use your OBC for? Can you pay for excursions prior to departure and use it or do you have to wait until you are actually on the cruise before you can access it?

I called and she checked to see if we were eligible since we had already paid in full. (If you are not pain in full they will deduct the amount from the amount due) Since we booked early saver we were eligible. She said that it would take 48 hours to show up and we would get a cabin confirmation email stating the OBC and who had how much. I'm not sure about spending it before you get on the ship but I would think that you need to be on the ship since it is linked to your S&S card.

You can use for anything you purchase on the ship. It is linked to your sail and sign card. ;)

Cool!! So if I paid in full and didn't book es, I can't do this, right? I wish I wouldn't have paid all at once.

It doesn't matter if you're paid in full. You're eligible for OBC if you booked a refundable fare or you've booked ES.

If you've booked a refundable fare, AS LONG AS FINAL PAYMENT HASN'T PASSED, you can request the fare difference if your rate decreases. You'll get it back as OBC since you've paid off the cruise, but if you hadn't, the difference will be deducted from your balance.

You have to make sure it's worth it; sometimes taxes increase and that can alter the amount due to you.

If you've booked under ES, you can request the difference up until 2 days prior to your sail date. Hope this helps you.

Awesome news!! Have a wonderful first cruise!! You will be hooked. Finding CC this early should save you a bundle on the excursions by researching the port of call threads. We always book excursions based on what I find here. I just wish I would have found it sooner!!

WOW!!!!!! That's a NICE chunk of change!!!!

Congratulations!!!!:D:D

We booked in March for a July cruise, and have had price drops of $1100.

Hoping for at least one or two more before final is due on 6/5.

8 cabins left in our category:D:D:D

It doesn't matter if you're paid in full. You're eligible for OBC if you booked a refundable fare or you've booked ES.

If you've booked a refundable fare' date=' AS LONG AS FINAL PAYMENT HASN'T PASSED, you can request the fare difference if your rate decreases. You'll get it back as OBC since you've paid off the cruise, but if you hadn't, the difference will be deducted from your balance.

You have to make sure it's worth it; sometimes taxes increase and that can alter the amount due to you.

If you've booked under ES, you can request the difference up until 2 days prior to your sail date. Hope this helps you.[/quote']

Thanks to this little conversation, I called and got a OBC of $387 (I think...) for my family of 4! And, we did not book ES, we were paid in full, and we only have 28 days until sailing! :D

Quick question though... Can we see our OBC on the cruise manager somewhere?

Thanks again for your tips! :)

If you've booked a refundable fare' date=' AS LONG AS FINAL PAYMENT HASN'T PASSED, you can request the fare difference if your rate decreases. You'll get it back as OBC since you've paid off the cruise, but if you hadn't, the difference will be deducted from your balance.

If you've booked under ES, you can request the difference up until 2 days prior to your sail date. Hope this helps you.[/quote']

Thank you! But what do you mean by a refundable fare? Like if I bought insurance?

Thank you! But what do you mean by a refundable fare? Like if I bought insurance?

Past guest, fun select, residents rate, etc. Those are refundable; you can cancel with no penalties as long as you cancel before final payment is due (get your money back). You can also make changes to names with no penalties.

Early saver has restrictions; no name changes & $50 per person tajen if you cancel, plus whatever additional funds you've paid are held by the cruiseline for you to use on a future cruise. Let's say you had an $800 deposit, and you made a payment of $200 towards your cruise. If you canceled it, Carnival would keep $100 (assuming there's two of you) & the remaining $900 can be used for a future cruise, but you only have 2 years to use it. If you want to switch your sail date; $100 is kept.

Hope this helps

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Forums mobile app