Greyhound Bus / Ft Lauderdale

muladybug

Has anyone used Greyhound bus at the Ft Lauderdale terminal? It looks like it's not too far from Port Everglades.

Is the area safe?

What is the cab fare into port?

Are there cabs available when we arrive at the bus station?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Edited by muladybug

Has anyone used Greyhound bus at the Ft Lauderdale terminal? It looks like it's not too far from Port Everglades.

Is the area safe?

What is the cab fare into port?

Are there cabs available when we arrive at the bus station?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

No, no, no, no.

Greyhound is the primary mode of transportation for the Florida Department of Corrections.

No.

Maybe riding the bus in Ft Lauderdale is different from riding Greyhound from Atlanta because believe me......you couldn't pay me to ride a bus departing from there for all the money in the world!! :eek::eek:

I would certainly want to know if that mode of transportation wasn't safe for the area.

That's what these boards are for!

Edited by GTO-Girl

We would be taking the Greyhound across the state, from Ft Myers to Ft Lauderdale.

Thanks for all your replies.

I am pretty disappointed. :mad: I was really, REALLY hoping NOT to have to drive to port..... and our usual mode of bus transportation (CruiseConnection Motorcoach) is not available for our sailing.

We would be taking the Greyhound across the state, from Ft Myers to Ft Lauderdale.

Thanks for all your replies.

I am pretty disappointed. :mad: I was really, REALLY hoping NOT to have to drive to port..... and our usual mode of bus transportation (CruiseConnection Motorcoach) is not available for our sailing.

Inmates generally get time off for good behavior and are allowed to go home and because they are responsible for their transportation, they use Greyhound.

Greyhound is the only reasonable transportation. For the most part, their families do not pick them up for weekend visits.

OP, maybe you can give us a better scenario of what it is you're looking for and we maybe can help.

I think you land in Ft. Myers and need to in Lauderdale to sail.

Do you land and sail on the same day? If not, where are you overnighting. Etc.

:)

Family lives in Ft Myers area, traveling same day for a cruise out of Port Everglades. Only a 3 hour drive via Alligator Alley, but would rather take a bus than drive. Airfare between the 2 airports is outrageous with various connections.

Amtrak runs a bus - from Ft. Myers to FLL. $58 per person. I know nothing about the clientele nor the drop off and pick up locations.

FTM

6050 Plaza Drive

Fort Myers Travel Plaza, I-75 exit 139

Fort Myers, FL 33906

FLL

Station Building (with waiting room)

200 Southwest 21st Terrace Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312

Amtrak runs a bus - from Ft. Myers to FLL. $58 per person. I know nothing about the clientele nor the drop off and pick up locations.

FTM

6050 Plaza Drive

Fort Myers, FL 33906

FLL

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, they say that they do not allow checked baggage on that particular Amtrak bus, only carry-on. Can't fit everything for a 10 day cruise in a carry-on. :(

FTM

6050 Plaza Drive

Fort Myers, FL 33906

FLL

That Ft Laud address is the Amtrak train station, not a nice neighborhood.

Inmates generally get time off for good behavior and are allowed to go home and because they are responsible for their transportation, they use Greyhound.

Greyhound is the only reasonable transportation. For the most part, their families do not pick them up for weekend visits.

That's funny...the only people who I have dropped off at Greyhound were homeless people that I was shipping off to their family & friends elsewhere. So homeless and inmates use the bus...hmmmmmmmmmm

Edited by royalcruz

She's not buying a house there....

That part of town is so bad, I would not want to be standing around for two minutes waiting for a cab.

I know you think, "how bad can it actually be?"

That bad.

I've used the Amtrak bus and they do allow more than just carryons. Call customer service to confirm. I've used the miami, Hollywood, and ft. Lauderdale train stations on multiple occassions and I've always felt safe. Using Amtrak means you have to over night pre cruise. Get a hotel with transportation to the port. Your only obstacle is that it will take you twice as long to get there, but doable.

Sent from my HTCEVODesign4G using Forums mobile app