Weight Watchers On Princess

Perez1992

Is anyone else dieting or doing weight watchers and scared of gaining weight on trip I am scared that I will see all the food and not be able to stop myself from eating it :(

Faith, trust, and Pixie Dust !!

Love Miranda

Cruise carnival twice

Disney cruiseline. 5-6 times

Miranda,

I just make sure I walk A LOT! Stairs are always helpful! I eat whatever I want but eat small portions. At dinner I don't order a salad or appetizer...I hold off for the main course and dessert. Moderation in everything.

Enjoy your cruise!

Miranda,

I just make sure I walk A LOT! Stairs are always helpful! I eat whatever I want but eat small portions. At dinner I don't order a salad or appetizer...I hold off for the main course and dessert. Moderation in everything.

Enjoy your cruise!

Do you bring workout clothes with you and tennis shoes?

Love Miranda

Cruise carnival twice

If you are in Traditional dining you can ask them not to put the basket of rolls on the table every night. We have done this many times. Also try the sugar free items. Some not so great but we have found some that were pretty good. The portions seem to be getting smaller in the dining room and you can always ask them to switch out side items that you might be worried about. My biggest down fall is pasta so I try to have it only on night during the cruise and ask for it as a side and not a main course. Go and enjoy.

If you are in Traditional dining you can ask them not to put the basket of rolls on the table every night. We have done this many times. Also try the sugar free items. Some not so great but we have found some that were pretty good. The portions seem to be getting smaller in the dining room and you can always ask them to switch out side items that you might be worried about. My biggest down fall is pasta so I try to have it only on night during the cruise and ask for it as a side and not a main course. Go and enjoy.

I love pasta as well big pasta eater do they offer whole grain items

Love Miranda

Cruise carnival twice

I have not seen any whole grain pasta. :(

That sucks you would think they would give it as a healthier option I've pretty much given up all white flour.

Love Miranda

Cruise carnival twice

That sucks you would think they would give it as a healthier option I've pretty much given up all white flour.

When on a cruise, I eat three meals a day of whatever I want-including bread and pastas. I almost never skip desserts and I drink an iced Caramel/mocha iced coffee with whipped cream each afternoon. I do take stairs and I walk a lot on tours. I always have a aft cabin to force more walking. When I get home, I have gained 3 to 4 pounds and that's usually water retention from the saline in the water. After a week it's gone. Don't go whole hog, but don't deny yourself either.

When on a cruise, I eat three meals a day of whatever I want-including bread and pastas. I almost never skip desserts and I drink an iced Caramel/mocha iced coffee with whipped cream each afternoon. I do take stairs and I walk a lot on tours. I always have a aft cabin to force more walking. When I get home, I have gained 3 to 4 pounds and that's usually water retention from the saline in the water. After a week it's gone. Don't go whole hog, but don't deny yourself either.

Thanks Brenda !! Your right I am supposed to be on vacation I should enjoy myself not worry the whole time about what I am eating.

Love Miranda

Cruise carnival twice

I've never gained weight on a cruise and no, I don't exercise. I love salad so I often make myself a chef salad for lunch and taste other things that appeal to me. At dinner, I ask for no sauce on my entree and sometimes have an appetizer, soup and an entree-sized salad. I'm not big on dessert so I usually order sorbet or maybe ice cream with chocolate sauce and then take just a few bites. I eat until I'm no longer hungry as opposed to when I feel full. I try many different foods but finish only what's really, really good.

I've never gained weight on a cruise and no, I don't exercise. I love salad so I often make myself a chef salad for lunch and taste other things that appeal to me. At dinner, I ask for no sauce on my entree and sometimes have an appetizer, soup and an entree-sized salad. I'm not big on dessert so I usually order sorbet or maybe ice cream with chocolate sauce and then take just a few bites. I eat until I'm no longer hungry as opposed to when I feel full. I try many different foods but finish only what's really, really good.

I wish I had your love for salad I can't stand rabbit food lol ..I love desserts

Love Miranda

Cruise carnival twice

Princess has great desserts... beware!

The cruise industry isn't really known for healthy alternatives... because most people want to splurge while on vacation, but Princess does have healthy options. Just not whole grain pasta!

What's your favorite healthy meal?

Love Miranda

Cruise carnival twice

Love love this discussion! 2nd time member here and about 4 away from goal. Not going to sweat the small stuff. But I always do stairs on cruise, not sure how that will work this time with having to help with my dad's wheelchair . Leaving in 17 days for Alaska!

I will choose a dessert over an alcoholic drink anytime for WW points.....

You save many points that way. :)

I am already thinking about my August cruise and WW- I plan to eat everything, but wisely.

I'm back on the CB and love to use the stairs on that ship. There is also a fitness center as well as ZUMBA classes and usually a walk for Breast Cancer "On Deck for a Cure" Bring a music player and walk some laps on the deck....My nano will come with me! Depending on your cruise destination, you might be walking alot anyway- in the Med, we walked and walked!

We like to go to the main dining room for breakfast, where I have plain oatmeal and a ham slice...no bread....no muffins....I skip too many carbs in the morning, including juices....whoops just remembered,sometimes I would have a biegnet from the IC with my coffee from the IC...(I am a super early riser)

If a nice omelette is offered, I might change it up....

Nothing will keep my from my fettuccinni alfredo! in the evening. Love the pizza....

Just remember, if you do not like something, stop eating it!

The buffets have plenty of fresh fruit...order the fresh fruit they offer for your room....When and where is your cruise?

You CAN do it!

Bernadette

We just did 7 nights on the Fantasy...was wanting to stay close to plan, but didn't actually track for the week. I didn't do bread at dinner, would have half a dessert or less, and tried to do lots of veggies. My main downfall was drinking like a fish ;) but I also walked A LOT...my feet were hurting every night, but that helped so much...in the end, I went up half a pound...and have already lost that since being back. Good luck to you!

I took a 30-day cruise on Oceania in November while on WW. I had a wonderful variety of fruit for breakfast, with a piece of crisp bacon once in a while. Lunch was salad and veggies and a simple protein, and I tried to stay on track in the evenings as well. I shunned the breads most of the time, but allowed myself their wonderful breadsticks if I just couldn't stand it - they are small and easy to control. I allowed myself either a drink or a dessert each day, not both. That way I felt I was on vacation without going crazy. I walked LOTS and kept track on the scale in the gym three times a week.

At the end I'd only gained 3 pounds, which came off within a week of arriving home (yes, I agree it's at least partly the extra salt in the diet).

IT IS POSSIBLE! If you've been on the program a while you know what the right choices are, and you CAN substitute the bad choices for good ones. Just remind yourself more than once a day how good you feel about yourself losing the weight - it's good reinforcement.

Good Luck!

While I totally enjoy the food on a cruise, I don't cruise to eat...and with WW, you can eat anything you please, just not oodles and oodles if you are still losing weight or maintaining weight.

It is so true, when you get off a ship, you cannot normalize your weight due to water retention for at least a week...I am told it is due to the desalienated water on ship.

I always bring at least one set of workout clothes with me, lightweight-doesn't take up much room...and a pair of sneakers, just in case I want to do something....

I had planned to exercise in the gym on the Royal in the Med last year, but it was a cruise with tons of walking...so we went to the gym only on the last day...hahahaha

Bernadette

How we eat depends on what's going on that day.

Port days

Light breakfast

Lunch depends on what / where we go on shore

Regular dinner

Sea days

Bigger breakfast - omelet, etc.

Lighter lunch - meal type salad with tuna or ham

Regular dinner

On our 26 day cruise in Australia I think I gained about 3 or 4 pounds since we were doing lots of walking on port days.

I will be going march 15th on the Emerald for seven days I am a little new to WW i started in January I want to enjoy myself a lot on this cruise but still want to make good choices but I could use all the support I could get it would be awesome if their was a weight watchers group on here :)

Love Miranda

Cruise carnival twice

I took a 30-day cruise on Oceania in November while on WW. I had a wonderful variety of fruit for breakfast, with a piece of crisp bacon once in a while. Lunch was salad and veggies and a simple protein, and I tried to stay on track in the evenings as well. I shunned the breads most of the time, but allowed myself their wonderful breadsticks if I just couldn't stand it - they are small and easy to control. I allowed myself either a drink or a dessert each day, not both. That way I felt I was on vacation without going crazy. I walked LOTS and kept track on the scale in the gym three times a week.

At the end I'd only gained 3 pounds, which came off within a week of arriving home (yes, I agree it's at least partly the extra salt in the diet).

IT IS POSSIBLE! If you've been on the program a while you know what the right choices are, and you CAN substitute the bad choices for good ones. Just remind yourself more than once a day how good you feel about yourself losing the weight - it's good reinforcement.

Good Luck!

Your right having a delicious dessert that you can slowly enjoy is a better choice than a high cal drink moderation is KEY!!

Love Miranda

Cruise carnival twice

Our cruise will be going to Honduras and Belize and Cozumel with a few sea days with embarkation and debarkation in Houston Texas

Love Miranda

Cruise carnival twice