Restaurants for Lunch

DMorris

I have read the great reviews on restaurants on this board. Which one would you recommend for lunch? I have noticed that alot of them are just open for dinner or closed on Tuesdays. We dock in Aruba on a Tuesday. Any suggestions you can make would be great. Thanks

DeeKDRoseTransp.gifabducted.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;11;14;22;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until Adventure of the Seas

RCCL Adventure of the Seas 11/14/04

RCCL Voyager of the Seas 10/26/03

Carnival Pride 11/9/02

Premier Cruise Lines (5 sailings)

Though you may think it looks like a tourist trap, try Iguana Joe's, which is right in the main shopping area downtown, an easy walk from the ship. The food is wonderful, with large portions and great desserts. It's not just a glorified burger and fries place, either. It has the most delicious jerk baby back ribs, and also a wonderful version of an Aruban chicken dish called keshi yena.

D, I agree with Allie about Iguana Joe's. It faces the strip on the second floor of the Royal Plaza Mall, you can look up and see ppl sitting along the railing. Two other options, Le Petit Cafe, next building in the Mall, same street view, don't know the menu, and the third building, same street view, has Mambo Jambo's, don't know the menu there either.

If you're looking for a quiet, local, moderatly expensive place for dinner, try DRIFTWOOD... incredible seafood... i had the baracuda "Arubaian Style" - best meal of my life for about 15 bucks...

its about a 10 minute walk from the boat; just ask information desk for directions...

• 3 weeks later...

I would also recommend Iguana Joe's. Really

tasty food, especially the Iguana Nachoes and

the ice cold local beer.

Good place to people watch too.

Destiny 4/11/04

Inspiration 4/03

• 3 weeks later...

I would take a 10 minute walk on the main road it would be to you left coming off the ship. Big Ribs. It the best Barbecue Ribs, for just $20 for 2 people. Its a locals place, the food is finger licking good if ya like ribs

Heres a picture of the place;

http://community.webshots.com/photo/143823737/143827962iJsAXV

Rick

Century 1/00

Pride 1/19/02

2003(went to Aruba on land)

Pride Capers & Tour maps and PICTURES Available at: http://community.webshots.com/user/cruisingrick

• 1 month later...

Our favorite lunch destination is Le Petit Café where you can cook your own steak, fish, chicken seafood on a stone. Located on the square behind the seafront malls, next to Fendi.

The DRiftwood serves some of the best fish on the island but I don't think it's open for lunch.

My husband and I loved Iguana Joes. The food is really tasty. We like to try different kinds of food and we like spicy food and we found both at Iguana Joes. The restaurant decor is really fun too.

Have been to Aruba (on ship) 3 or 4 times and finally convinced hubby to try Iguana Joe's in April. He says it is now on his "must do" list for Aruba. The nachos were great and he enjoyed a shrimp dish too. He like the lemonade & I had a pink iguana (I think that is what it was called....tasty foo-foo drink).

Well Well Well,

I was on the Adventure of the Seas and we made a stop on this wonderful island they call Aruba. My family and I rented a jeep. aproximatly $80 for all day. We cruised the whole island. Left the pier and went towards the light house. Hooked up with the tour guide with the safari jeep ride and he took us under his wing and we followed the tour. We went to the natural bridge, the cave where we seen the bats hanging out...he took us to a restuarant right next to baby beach for lunch. not sure the name of it but the food was superb..what a great island. I will be going back someday.

• 1 month later...

I second the Driftwood. They have great seafood. I can never find it so we always have to ask for directions. It is only a block or 2 back from the main drag but there are a few funny little streets. If you are there for dinner and have the time there are 2 resturants past the airport The Flying Fishbone and Brias del Mar. I like Fly fisbone the best they both have tables on the beach and at sunset it is beautiful. You can take cabs to these. They will call a cab for you when you are done if none are out front.

Hi...We will be sailing to Aruba again on October 17th. The best place to eat for lunch, in our opinon is 'CHARLIE'S. Not Carlo's and Charlies'. Just Charlie's. It's small, crowded, loud, stuff on the walls, but the food is out of this world. If you need it, I can give you their website. At least check it out.

Dave

Dave- are you on the Destiny?? I've been posting and posting on the Roll Call Board, but there really hasn't been a response. We are on the Destiny 10/17 and doing one night pre and post cruise at the Ritz. I'd love to hear more about Charlie's restaurant as well.

Please post the website when you get the chance. Thanks!

PS- I just found this website that gives some great information on some of the more popular restaurants: http://www.aruba.com/aga/

Hello Pholter...I was mistaken when I mentioned that Charlie's and not Carloe's & Charlie's had a website. I was looking over the brochure I have from our last visit, and they only list an e-mail whcih is charliesbar@setarnet.aw The place is normally open from about 11-AM-midnight. They are located on Main Street near the Refinery Wall area, which would be just north and west of Rogers Beach and Baby Beach respectively. Their phone number only says 845086 on the brochure. That's about all I can tell you except if you love outstanding food, in a loud, crowded, atmosphere, this is the place. I am on RCCL"S Adventure and will be in Aruba on October 19th and Charlie's will be a pit stop. Take a cab to get there. The area that Charlie's is located isn't the best, but not the worst either. I would rather go during lunch and maybe not at night, but that is my opinion.

Good Luck

Dave

Hi Again...Found the website for Charlie's Bar & Resturant near San Nicolas in Aruba. Also checked out some Aruba sites that were also listed on our site from other cruisers that talked about Charlies. Some people call it a dive, but it all depends on your character and what you like.

Again, it may look like a dive inside because it is small and congested but everything on the walls is money, cards and several other items that they hang after a new tourist visits. The area itself is somewhat questionable, with many old time drinkers in the area and many old bars, but hey, during the day for lunch by taxi, no problem. And the food and drinks are outstanding.

Anyway the website it http://www.charliesbararuba.com

Dave

• 4 weeks later...

Archived