Speciality dinner reservations @ 45 days out. Questions !

bryanjaync

I have never booked dinner reservations at a speciality restaurant prior to a cruise, but want to for my Sun November sailing. (cabin, not a suite)

We have UDP, and I want to book the Steakhouse for embarkation night and the Teppanyaki(?) around 7:30 for another night (dont care which). Think I will have any issues ? Just not sure how many slots are available pre-cruise, and how quickly they fill up. Best to do online or call ?

Also we are traveling with my parents (separate cabin) and we bought them the UDP too. Can i make a reservation for all four of us though we are in different cabins under different cruise reservation #s?

I have never booked dinner reservations at a speciality restaurant prior to a cruise, but want to for my Sun November sailing. (cabin, not a suite)

We have UDP, and I want to book the Steakhouse for embarkation night and the Teppanyaki(?) around 7:30 for another night (dont care which). Think I will have any issues ? Just not sure how many slots are available pre-cruise, and how quickly they fill up. Best to do online or call ?

Also we are traveling with my parents (separate cabin) and we bought them the UDP too. Can i make a reservation for all four of us though we are in different cabins under different cruise reservation #s?

When you make your reservation, it will ask you how many, and you choose a number of guests for whom you are making the reservation. So yes, you can make it for all 4 of you regardless of cabin arrangements.

When I made my specialty restaurant reservations, I did it right at midnight immediately when bookings opened. I do not think this is necessary, I was just so excited I couldn't help it.

I to purchased the udp for our getaway cruise in August. I have a total of 4 cabin in my group and we all have the udp except for the children. Total in our party is 11. Our reservations are all linked together and according to customer service I need to make each reservation separate at same exact time and ncl will know to put us all together. Does anyone know if this is true? Also, do we need to pay full price for kids and then get 1/2 price credited to our onboard account?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I made my reservations on day 44 and I got all the restaurants on the day and time of my choice. I had the UDP too and made the reservations online. I think the sooner you make it, the better your chances of getting what you want.

I to purchased the udp for our getaway cruise in August. I have a total of 4 cabin in my group and we all have the udp except for the children. Total in our party is 11. Our reservations are all linked together and according to customer service I need to make each reservation separate at same exact time and ncl will know to put us all together. Does anyone know if this is true? Also, do we need to pay full price for kids and then get 1/2 price credited to our onboard account?

Regarding the 2nd part of your question... 2 of us have UDP, and our 11 year old does not. When I booked online, I did not have to pay anything for him for any of our restaurant reservations. I assume we will just be charged once we dine. We did have to pay online for him for when we reserved Illusionarium, which we got free 1st night with UDP.