Any Fort Lauderdale Hotels with free shuttle service?

stickey_mouse

I would highly recommend going to the Ports of Call board. All kinds of information there. Also, you could post this question on your Roll Call as I am sure there are many fellow cruisers who will be looking for the same accommodations and those who will have recommendations. :)

We stayed at courtyard plantain and as mentioned above shuttles were included. However the shuttle service from the airport was very slow. Like over an hour waiting with our luggage. I believe they went to the wrong terminal. That was a while back so hopefully communication has improved. The hotel was fine but courtyards do not offer free breakfast and they do not upgrade you if you are elite like the full service hotels do. It was convenient to some shopping and restaraunts.

The hotels nearer the airport have shuttles to pick you up from FLL. Check hours and procedures for the pickup because they vary at the hotels.

To the port, altho some offer shuttles, some free and some for a fee, most regulars will just take a cab. It's a quick 15 min. ride to the port in most cases. And you can leave on your schedule and go directly to your ship without other stops.

A little reading down the threads will offer many choices for you. Tough to rec ...as I don't know date, group size and budget to offer best choice.

Going out of Port Everglades in June----

Though some of these Fort Lauderdale hotels offer free shuttles to the port--a few questions:

1.) Can you leave your car parked at the hotel and if so, is there a parking charge?

2.) What about leaving the ship-I would guess you would just need to take a taxi back to the hotel?

3.) If I were to choose a hotel that did not offer shuttle service and I just wanted to drive to the port and park my car at the port can I just do that? If so, does anybody know how much parking is for 7 nights?

I keep hearing about these "Park and Go" places but I may just want to leave my car at the port and have the convenience of going straight to my own car after I get off of the ship...

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

Though some of these Fort Lauderdale hotels offer free shuttles to the port--a few questions:

1.) Can you leave your car parked at the hotel and if so, is there a parking charge? Depends on the hotel. Some offer free parking, some do not. Their websites will tell you if free parking is offered to cruisers.

2.) What about leaving the ship-I would guess you would just need to take a taxi back to the hotel? You will be given the option of one-way or round trip shuttle service - at least at some hotels. Sometimes it is just easier to take a cab on the return trip.

3.) If I were to choose a hotel that did not offer shuttle service and I just wanted to drive to the port and park my car at the port can I just do that? If so, does anybody know how much parking is for 7 nights? Currently, port parking is $15/day. (FLL)

I keep hearing about these "Park and Go" places but I may just want to leave my car at the port and have the convenience of going straight to my own car after I get off of the ship... Park 'N Go is about half the price of parking at the port and they have excellent shuttle service.

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hope this helps.

1.) Can you leave your car parked at the hotel and if so, is there a parking charge?

. Thanks.

Be careful to confirm that "Free Parking" is included while you are NOT a guest. Or yes, you CAN get charged a daily fee. Some people figure it says "free parking" and just assume leaving their car is free while gone. Not always. :o

A cab to/from the port is only about $15 from the airport hotels. It is quick and direct. I wouldn't worry about shuttles, free or per person cost. Go when you want with no stops, sign ups or crowds.

Edited by eandj

That is my goal. I don't want to wait around for shuttles, taxis etc.. Want the convenience of my car. I will be driving from Orlando..

Will check with hotels though about parking the car there if I decide to go that route. I just don't want any issues getting to the port and being told there are no spaces left! Yikes!

Be careful to confirm that "Free Parking" is included while you are NOT a guest. Or yes, you CAN get charged a daily fee. Some people figure it says "free parking" and just assume leaving their car is free while gone. Not always. :o

A cab to/from the port is only about $15 from the airport hotels. It is quick and direct. I wouldn't worry about shuttles, free or per person cost. Go when you want with no stops, sign ups or crowds.

You most definitely need to be a guest at the hotel in order to receive the free parking. They have procedures to identify you and your car. If you just leave your car in the lot, don't plan on it being there when you return. It WILL be towed away. Hotels do not extend free parking just because you are a cruiser. You need to be a guest at the hotel.

Edited by gimletgal

I would never leave my car parked in a lot where it did not belong! I am sure some people were foolish enough to do that!

Going to call Port Everglades and inquire about parking and also start getting some hotel rates and parking info..

:)

Royalcruz- (hey, I love that name!)

Do you know if they have some sort of valet service at the port and where they park your car at the port? Not the Park N FLy or PArk n Go thing...

Now my other half is telling me he may be ok with valet parking--arghhh!!! Now he is making me crazy! First it was nobody gets the keys then oh I don't want to be carrying the luggage all over, and I don't want a shuttle. this is becoming more of a chore than the actual booking of the cruise!!