No hope for OBC?

its unlikely you will get a price drop but I would keep looking. someone could cancel or there may be a price drop for a higher category that would have you upgrade for a small amount or nothing at all.

Even though remote, I would keep checking

its unlikely you will get a price drop but I would keep looking. someone could cancel or there may be a price drop for a higher category that would have you upgrade for a small amount or nothing at all.

Even though remote, I would keep checking

Blast! That is what I figured. Oh, well, I guess I just have to be confident in the fact that I got a good rate for a 12 day cruise. And I'll just have to rack up points on my Carnival Mastercard and ask for Cruise Cash for my birthday and Christmas!

Don't give up hope and don't stop checking..

About a month ago there weren't any other 4Js left on our upcoming cruise. Then I randomly decided to check last week when the rates fell and a 4J room had opened up and I saved some money. I checked again yesterday and saved some more money!

I'm sure its a little different being a repo but Don't Give Up Hope! and if you can spare 5 minutes a day why not check.

Don't give up hope and don't stop checking..

About a month ago there weren't any other 4Js left on our upcoming cruise. Then I randomly decided to check last week when the rates fell and a 4J room had opened up and I saved some money. I checked again yesterday and saved some more money!

I'm sure its a little different being a repo but Don't Give Up Hope! and if you can spare 5 minutes a day why not check.

Awesome! So basically I should hold out hope for someone cancelling their 4J room. OBC is really important for this cruise since it is so long! I have to have enough for at least one mocha chocolate getaway a day! ;)

I'm in the same predicament-my June cruise has sold out of my category and I have not received one price drop. This is a first for me in 8 cruises. I will continue to check in case one opens up but I'm not counting on it.

I agree - keep checking. This happened with us when we had an aft balcony, which is also a small category. It would be full, then some would open up, then be full again. It really changed a lot. And toward the end there were 3 person rooms open, but we couldn't get an OBC because we only had 2 people. At a certain point, they open those rooms to anyone so we got an adjustment. I would guess you are less-likely to get OBC, but you still might!

I booked a 4J for the Freedom repo. I just checked Fare Viewer and 4J isn't even listed anymore! I'm assuming that means that all the 4Js are filled. Does this mean there will be no hope of a price drop and OBC?

That is a risk you take by booking a room with very few other rooms in the same category, however, if prices drop on a better room you could always upgrade for no extra cost and then be eligible for OBC if you booked ES. This happened to a three person interior we had booked for our kids. The interiors for three people were sold out, balconies for three people hit the same price so we upgraded for free, price kept dropping and now we have $310 OBC for that room. If we didn't upgrade the room for free, we would have $0.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That is a risk you take by booking a room with very few other rooms in the same category, however, if prices drop on a better room you could always upgrade for no extra cost and then be eligible for OBC if you booked ES. This happened to a three person interior we had booked for our kids. The interiors for three people were sold out, balconies for three people hit the same price so we upgraded for free, price kept dropping and now we have $310 OBC for that room. If we didn't upgrade the room for free, we would have $0.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So you upgraded from an interior to a balcony at no extra cost? Wow! I didn't know that was possible. How did you know the price dropped on a better room? And how did you get the upgrade? Was it by filling out that from or did you have to call?

So you upgraded from an interior to a balcony at no extra cost? Wow! I didn't know that was possible. How did you know the price dropped on a better room? And how did you get the upgrade? Was it by filling out that from or did you have to call?

do a mock booking online for the next category up from your room. that will tell you the price.

if its lower or almost the same and you want to upgrade, call carnival.

Booked Early Saver (always). I check the prices on higher category rooms (and the same category) by doing mock bookings. If the price of a higher category is the same, or close, I call Carnival for the free upgrade. You are then also eligible for the price drops on that room if the price drops. Then I call for OBC again. I never fill out the form anymore, I have been denied too many time on viable claims.

• 3 weeks later...

If the price on a higher-category stateroom drops, is it also possible to receive OBC instead of being upgraded to that category? We're booked in three staterooms next to each other and we don't like to be split up...