Murder Mystery...Worth It?

Don't know for sure Kathy, but other ships with Giovanni's have Murder Mystery, so I don't see why FR would be different.

Just wondering.....friend of mine keeps trying to book it for his April cruise and it is not letting him...

It's great fun in my opinion. An evening's worth of entertainment.

Here's the menu from Freedom last year.

IMG_1244.jpg

Does anyone know if the menu is the same on all the ships? We are doing this mystery dinner in April on Independance of the seas.

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone know if the menu is the same on all the ships? We are doing this mystery dinner in April on Independance of the seas.

I believe the menu is the same on all ships for the MMD. We did this on our recent SOS cruise - and the food was amazing. Probably one of the best steaks I have ever eaten - tender, cooked to my specs. Hubs had the Tiger Shrimp and he enjoyed his as well.

Now for the "show" part - It's supposed to be a bit cheesy and campy. Don't go expecting great acting. It's just great fun - especially if you have fun table mates who are in for acting a little silly.

It will be tight quarters - but that just adds to the atmosphere - your table against the others!

Our group gave it a thumbs up - and would surely do again.

We did this on the Serenade, it was a bit cheesy (as expected lol) but we had a great time (and luckily got seated with great people) and the food was delicious. Probably wouldn't do it again, it's more like a "once and done" experience, but I recommend it for those who haven't done it. Have fun!

I did it on Explorer in 2014. Had a great time. Food was great. Not a big wine drinker, but I definitely had my share...actually don't recall the production because I had a bit too much!!!

The cast was great and interacted well.

We were broken into 6 tables and definitely had the best group! (which helped I'm sure!)

First time we cruised in 2007 we did this on the Freedom and at that time, there was only ONE table filled in the restaurant. I think there were maybe 12 people who had signed up. However, since then we have booked this two more times and a LOT more people sign up and it is still cheesy and still fun. We know the story line but it doesn't matter, it is still a lot of fun with really good food and you get to meet people on your cruise.

I would highly recommend it :D

• 4 weeks later...
Just wondering.....friend of mine keeps trying to book it for his April cruise and it is not letting him...

Still not showing for his April cruise,nor is it showing for my cruise in May......

Has anyone done it on the Freedom in the past few weeks?? Does it have to be booked on board?? and how much now?

Still not showing for his April cruise,nor is it showing for my cruise in May......

Has anyone done it on the Freedom in the past few weeks?? Does it have to be booked on board?? and how much now?

It is showing online for my 5/24 sailing in Cruise Planner. For whatever reason it is over under "Onboard Activities" and not under either Dining or Entertainment. Price is $55pp which is noted as including gratuities (and wine)...