Double the OBC while booking onboard?

backnine05

In the past I've heard about people receiving double the OBC bonus while booking on board. Like they were running a 'special' promotion or something (ie $200 for a 7-day).

Does anyone know if they are doing this currently or if they only do it on special days during the cruise? I have an upcoming cruise that I plan on booking while on board.

Any insight is helpful :)

I saw the double OBC promotion on my January 20, 2014 sailing on Splendor. On this promotion, the sailing sailing booked onboard had to begin by May 31, 2014. So if you were looking to book a cruise that sailed by May 31, then you would get the double OBC. I booked an on board cruise for January 2015 and I did not receive the double OBC. Bummer but it sure was a great deal.

I saw the double OBC promotion on my January 20, 2014 sailing on Splendor. On this promotion, the sailing sailing booked onboard had to begin by May 31, 2014. So if you were looking to book a cruise that sailed by May 31, then you would get the double OBC. I booked an on board cruise for January 2015 and I did not receive the double OBC. Bummer but it sure was a great deal.

When booking onboard do you pay full deposit at that time?

--Susan

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I did this back in July 2013. They were promoting the sunshine 12 day cruise in Europe. I got a $400 obc. Yes, I paid full deposit.

One of the best cruises ever!! So beautiful! ( the ports, not the ship, but it was good too)

When booking onboard do you pay full deposit at that time?

--Susan

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have done it before. You can receive the same promotions that are currently running. So if their are lower deposit offers, you can take advantage of them while booking on board. One other note, you can use the computer for free in the internet café when looking at carnival's website.

We book our upcoming glory cruise in Oct last oct on our cruise.We did the promotion they had it was half deposit and $300 OBC on a 7 day. It just depends on what they have going on at the time. Worth checking into however the price has gone down and if we change we lose the OBC at least $100 of it. So you might want to price out what you are intersted in before cruising.

I booked a "Paradise" five day while aboard "Dream", and got $100 OBC. They had a sign at the "Future Cruise" desk, stating that they were having a temporary DOUBLE OBC sale, and it was fantastic. I don't know who, or how the decision is made, to double the OBC, but suggest it's just a luck of the draw. :confused:

"SKY"

We saw this while on our January 2014 cruise. They must have had a lot of vacant cabins for springtime and were trying to get people to book them.

We were booking onboard for our January 2015 B2B so we couldn't take advantage of it. Would have been nice.