MSC Divina "Going Live" 17May(2nights) - 19May(19Nights)

marcoigna

Good day all;

I am going to try a “live” report aboard our MSC Divina Cruise to South America, departing on the 19th of May from Miami, and terminating in Santos (Sao Paulo), on the 7th of June, 2014. The ship is headed to Brazil as it has been charted by a Mexican Company to be used as a floating hotel – during the World FIFA Soccer Cup.

A little background to begin with:

My DH and myself booked this cruise back in June of 2013. At the time the ship was doing a slightly different itinerary. We booked this with a group of 14 friends, celebrating my 50th Birthday and of course some of my friends special dates as well. As we booked this cruise when reservations first opened up, we were all able to get Suites in the Yacht Club – In fact, we were able to obtain 16007 – the Sophia Loren Suite, and friends of ours snagged the opposite Royal Suite – 16008. Other friends were also able to get the much sought after square YC1 Cabin with a larger layout and large balcony – So we will be able to give you some details on these.

We are a gay married couple living in Canada – we are extremely easy and flexible guys when on vacation – and hence we have yet to have a bad vacation – some of our vacations ranked higher than others, but overall, have yet to have bad memories – will every single meal be stellar, probably not, but again, neither is it at home. We have read so many reviews on the MSC Divina and take all with a grain of salt (IMO, some people should just not travel –or should not travel on a cruise!!!) but I have yet to read a totally negative review about the Yacht Club -

Here is an example of how “extremely flexible and easy” we are:

On the 14th of January of this year, we were advised by MSC that the ship is now going to shift dates –

Original Cruise – 24th of May and terminate on the 12th of June

New Dates – 19th of May and terminate on the 7th of June

The reasons being “Technical Issue” -

-They also removed 3 Brazilian Ports of call and added in 3 Caribbean Ports – Oh well. The issue was with our change fees on our Air Tickets – with a little persuasion, the cruise line agreed to reduce our cruise fare for the amount we paid on our change fees, that totalled about 600.00 for each of us. Originally they offered us a usd 300.00 ship board credit each, but they removed this in lieu of compensating the change fees. However this turned out to be a wash – and we are not getting anything for the changes being made – Am I going to let this spoil my vacation – Heck No!!!!!

Out of something bad, comes something good – Since the ship changed dates, they also changed the cruise itinerary / dates for the 17th of May – 24th of May. This was originally a 7 night Caribbean cruise, which was not shortened to a 2 night cruise to the Bahamas (17th – 19th of May). So being that we were able to snatch the same Royal Suite, we decided to embark 2 days earlier on the 17th of May for 3 full weeks – Blissful.

So here we begin our Journey on the 16th of May for 1 night pre-cruise hotel stay in Fort Lauderdale – I chose Ft. Lauderdale as I find it extremely comfortable, have been there many times – I feel it very easy to get around and we know all the places to go … even though for a 1 short night.

Although we are in the Yacht Club we did purchase a number of the Allegrissimo Escape Vouchers as I don’t intend to stay just in the Yacht Club Venues for the duration of the cruise, I want to enjoy the entire ship as well as the Galaxy Night Club – we also purchased a wine package as well to enjoy in the other dinner venues on the ship. Although the wine packages advise, “can only be consumed in the main dining room”, - it was confirmed to me that as we are Yacht Club Guests, we can enjoy the wine at any dinner venue on the ship. We shall see, but I do have a copy of the e-mail pertaining to this.

So please – stay tuned for this 21 day adventure. :D

Marc,,my girlfriend and I are on the 2 night sailing to the Bahamas this Saturday. We are in 16009, I saw that 16008 was available but couldn't justify the extra cost for just 2 nights. This will be our first cruise with MSC, kind of a trial run before our trip in August.

Marc,,my girlfriend and I are on the 2 night sailing to the Bahamas this Saturday. We are in 16009, I saw that 16008 was available but couldn't justify the extra cost for just 2 nights. This will be our first cruise with MSC, kind of a trial run before our trip in August.

very nice - i am very sure we will run into each other, being that we are neighbors - i dont think the yacht Club will be very busy on the 2 night sailing - this 100% is our first experience with MSC, but very much looking forward - again, i think the Yacht Club Amenities are truly amazing.

Marco - This sounds wonderful, I'll be looking forward to following your posts throughout your trip. My husband and I will be in the Divina YC as it makes it's way back up from Brazil in July!

Enjoy every second!

No problem - i am very curious about the entertainment for 19 nights - everyone is so excited about the 7 night cruises, but the longer sailings, they might need to get a little creative.

i normally dont even go to the shows at night, but the responses about the entertainment have been amazing, so i dont think i want to miss out.

i see you are booked in the yacht club as well - very nice!!! -

What I found out was that the Michael Jackson tribute show(Starwalker), will be Sunday night, not sure about Saturday night though. I would think they would need to mix up the nightly shows on a 19 day itinerary.

Marco, love your attitude. My wife and are the same. We don't sweat the small stuff. In March we were in one of the larger YC1 cabins and loved it. The YC is so marvelous that we have booked two more Divina YC cruises in Sept and Jan. Have a great time.

last day of work - actually finish in about an hour - limo picks up at home tomorrow morning at 500am to Toronto Airport, for our non-stop Air Canada flight to Ft. Lauderdale....:)

I'm jealous...our cruise isn't until September (which seems sooo far off) :( Enjoy your 3 weeks aboard the Divina and I look forward to reading your review! :D

Alicia

Good day all;

We have now been on the Divina for 1 full week on the Grand Voyage to Sao Paulo, Brazil –and have 2 weeks left from today – very nice.

As you may read, we are in the Yacht Club Section of the Ship – you can read and youtube as much as possible but nothing can prepare you for the hand-ons experience.

We have eaten in La Muse each night and we have found the food, and the quality exceptional and have yet to have a bad meal – Being European ourselves, we know the way Italians cook and prepare food, along with the Rissoto and Pasta – and must say, it is cooked to perfection. This is the way Italians prepare these meals and they have it right on to perfection.

We have seen 3 truly amazing shows thus far - Michael Jackson, Wonderdland and La Traviota. – All exceptional.

Now a word of note for the passengers on the North Bound sailing back to Miami:

- The ship has switched back to European standards

o 5 languages

o Meal times are later

 We are eating at 915pm each night, but we love it – we just sleep in longer in the morning.

- The Sauna/Steam is free for Yacht Club Guests but there is a charge for non-yacht club passengers:

o 12.00 / hour – 99.00 / week - 169.00 / voyage

Very nice touch – they gave us (being in Yacht Club) 24 hours of internet , complimentary – a value of around 300.00 –

Some passengers tried to board the ship in Miami without Brazilian Visas – they were able to obtain and boarded ship in San Juan 3 days later –

As I say – all things exceed out expectations and will 100% cruise with MSC again

If anyone has any questions, let me know, but remember this is a unique voyage – so not the same rules apply for Caribbean Sailings.

Lastly – the Yacht Club is full with 150 passengers – once you have your table and time it is yours for the duration – not possible to change – if timing is important for you, board early and have the Maitre’d set your time as the northbound sailing is full.

Have a great day – will post more details later.

P.S. If anyone has things to say bad about Yacht Club, they should simply not travel – it is incredible.

It's evident Marco had every intention of doing this "Going Live" for us and for that I'm appreciative. I've enjoyed what's here, definitely want more so will wait and see.....I hope he's okay....

I'm sure he's spending his valuable time having fun rather than playing online. I will be.

• 2 weeks later...
Still nothing? The cruise ended quite a while ago. ..

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk

Maybe they stayed for the World Cup?? I forgot to ask Marco what their plans were after they debarked on the 6th of June.

Sorry friends. Came home deathly sick and ended up with rare strain of pneumonia - both lungs. Been in hospital for almost a week

The cruise was phenomenal. The yacht club is the way to go.

This sailing turned back to European standards with the 5 languages and new cruise director.

All of our friends did the 10.00 future cruise deposit for SBC. As we all felt everything was perfect.

I will write a review later but still on oxygen. Crazy .... But again, best cruise ever thus far for service food and entertainment.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app