Aft balcony cabin on radiance class

We just booked cabin 9260 on Brillance of the Seas. Has anyone ever stayed in this cabin before? It looks like it will be great. We've never had an aft cabin before and would like to hear some feedback.

Good choice

If you search cruise critic under 9260 Radiance, Jewel, Brilliance, Serenade......you will find numerous threads on this room. You will also find pics of the aft rooms on cruiselinerooms dot com. The reviews are always great regarding these aft rooms - especially since the balconies are so large.

Whats not to like....? A few more steps to the best rooms...who cares.

I love the aft cabins myself. Where will you be going? When we did our Alaska cruise we were able to see whales from our balcony! I love being able to see out the back and off to the side. The walk never bothered me. I always figured that would work off all the food and drink!

we have an aft cabin in 23 days on the jewel..8172...message me in a month and ill tell you our opinion..i personally do not mind walking around on the ship. If the walk is longer to some destinations onboard, its no big deal. walking is good for you...plus we can have a nice desert

I have 8172 on the Brillance in Dec....if you could post pic's of your cabin that would be great!!:D

I stayed on 'partial obstructed view' aft cabin on Brilliance and we loved it. Huge balcony with almost complete privacy. The only people that can see you is your forward neighbor, there is no aft neighbor.

I love the aft cabins myself. Where will you be going? When we did our Alaska cruise we were able to see whales from our balcony! I love being able to see out the back and off to the side. The walk never bothered me. I always figured that would work off all the food and drink!

We're going to the Caribbean. I agree about the walk. I don't want to come home with any added weight (lol) because we both love to drink and eat.

We just booked cabin 9260 on Brillance of the Seas. Has anyone ever stayed in this cabin before? It looks like it will be great. We've never had an aft cabin before and would like to hear some feedback.

Lean around the divider to the right on the balcony. That was my DH's first aft facing balcony on the Radiance.

Ok, set aside the gagundo balcony.

It's very quiet back there. No kids screaming past your door, no jolly drunks toddlering down the hallway late at night.

Some mention soot. We have never experienced it.

We sailed (one deck above in 1104) on the Brilly in Canada. I was sick (heart) but didn't realize how serious at the time. I didn't even make it off the ship at 2 ports....never left the cabin. I lived on that balcony!

Aft cabins have one more terrific asset. Know how windy it can be on a balcony on the side if the ship underway? Not aft. We actually had 50 mph breezes on the beam one day as I was quietly napping under the small mountain of blankets the cabin attendant brought.

OK....one more great thing? No worries about what side if the ship has preferred viewing....you see it all!

Long walk, phooey (unless your heart us ailing then there is room service on bad days).

Fast forward.....post heart surgery. 2 weeks from today we head out once again for our Radiance in Alaska to celebrate our anniversary. We were married onboard in Juneau 8 years ago.

This time Hubsters snagged cabin 1100 the first day of reservations.

Since his first aft cabin, we have cruised in nothing else. I once caught DH almost whimpering when I mentioned a hump cabin.

Brilly is a lovely ship. Radiance Class are our favorites so I am not objective.

Have a GREAT time!

Don't forget what they say.........once you go aft ..... ;-0

GREAT YouTube video of cabin 1104 on the Radiance. It will be the same as yours if you like the visual. Check it out!

Ok , lets see if I snagged the right video!

Edited by Donut23

Lean around the divider to the right on the balcony. That was my DH's first aft facing balcony on the Radiance.

Ok, set aside the gagundo balcony.

It's very quiet back there. No kids screaming past your door, no jolly drunks toddlering down the hallway late at night.

Some mention soot. We have never experienced it.

We sailed (one deck above in 1104) on the Brilly in Canada. I was sick (heart) but didn't realize how serious at the time. I didn't even make it off the ship at 2 ports....never left the cabin. I lived on that balcony!

Aft cabins have one more terrific asset. Know how windy it can be on a balcony on the side if the ship underway? Not aft. We actually had 50 mph breezes on the beam one day as I was quietly napping under the small mountain of blankets the cabin attendant brought.

OK....one more great thing? No worries about what side if the ship has preferred viewing....you see it all!

Long walk, phooey (unless your heart us ailing then there is room service on bad days).

Fast forward.....post heart surgery. 2 weeks from today we head out once again for our Radiance in Alaska to celebrate our anniversary. We were married onboard in Juneau 8 years ago.

This time Hubsters snagged cabin 1100 the first day of reservations.

Since his first aft cabin, we have cruised in nothing else. I once caught DH almost whimpering when I mentioned a hump cabin.

Brilly is a lovely ship. Radiance Class are our favorites so I am not objective.

Have a GREAT time!

Don't forget what they say.........once you go aft ..... ;-0

GREAT YouTube video of cabin 1104 on the Radiance. It will be the same as yours if you like the visual. Check it out!

Ok , lets see if I snagged the right video!

Thanks for your great comments. I am so glad you are healthy now and can enjoy your upcoming cruise.

Have fun!!!! Your comments are making me so excited.

I had the corner aft 9256 on the Jewel just last week. Our friends have an aft 3 doors down from it (forgot the number) almost center aft on a back to back on the Jewel. They are great. Yes it is a longer walk from the centrum elevators but trust me, you don't have the foot traffic or kids screaming in the halls or drunks yelling at each other the hallway way back there. Very peaceful & quiet. When the ship backs up into port, its really cool as well as when it is departing from port and you watch the port fade into the background. It's awesome.

We had an aft balcony on Brilliance and it was great! I have had an aft on Legend where there were issues with soot for a part of the voyage but we had no such problems with Brilliance. Enjoy!