Chefs Table - first night

Hi,

Has anyone experience of dining at Chefs Table on embarkation night ? We are considering doing it as I like the idea of 20% back in OBC and we are not in port until 10a.m next day.

Do people usually dress as they would for formal night i.e cocktail dress and shirt and jacket for DH. Just concerned in case our luggage does not arrive in time.

Thanks for any input,

Catherine

Can't help with first night question but I can with dress: most people were dressed smart casual. A few men wore jackets but no tie.

We really enjoyed the experience, probably one of the best meals we have ever had on a cruise ship. And the wine was excellent!:D

Sherri:)

Can't help with first night question but I can with dress: most people were dressed smart casual. A few men wore jackets but no tie.

We really enjoyed the experience, probably one of the best meals we have ever had on a cruise ship. And the wine was excellent!:D

Sherri:)

great, thanks for that Sherri

Hi,

Has anyone experience of dining at Chefs Table on embarkation night ? We are considering doing it as I like the idea of 20% back in OBC and we are not in port until 10a.m next day.

Do people usually dress as they would for formal night i.e cocktail dress and shirt and jacket for DH. Just concerned in case our luggage does not arrive in time.

Thanks for any input,

Catherine

Sorry can't help with on the first night . Everyone was dress in smart casual ( some men had no jacket just nice buttoned shirt ) and it was a wonderful experience.We all had a great night never felt rushed and food, wine and talking went until about 11.30pm. Then we all went out for more fun with the lovely new friends we made until late. And we would do it again as it was worth the money as long as we did have early start the next morning.

Cheers Trish

Edited by Jasp 0401

We had a fantastic Chef's Table dinner on our Panama Canal cruise on Legend last month, though not on the first night of the cruise. Dress was smart/casual.

I just checked the picture of our group of 5 couples (we had the ship photog come up and take a pic for us) and here was the "guy dress":

1 polo shirt/slacks,

1 polo with cardigan sweater/slacks,

1 short sleeved linen shirt/slacks,

1 long sleeved button down shirt/starched jeans

1 guy with shirt, tie, jacket/slacks.

4 women wore slacks with nice tops, a couple of slightly blingy tops among them, and one had on a black sundress.

Our group really hit it off, and we hung out with 2 of the couples many times during the 15 night cruise. Hope your Chef's table is as enjoyable as ours was - great food, good wines, excellent company, and a very entertaining and fun Chef! We also got a cookbook and a galley tour later in the cruise. (I've done galley tours before, but this one was the best ever. We saw absolutely everything!)

Judy

Regarding attire - We went halfway through our cruise and I wore dress pants with a shirt and tie. I felt very overdressed and ended up loosing the tie halfway through the meal. Everyone was starting to feel pretty warm/relaxed by the middle of the meal. :D

Hi,

Thanks for any input,

Catherine

20% obc? Please explain. I did go to chef's table the 1st night. Saw people dressed smart casual... male & female. My friend & I dressed up more than what was suggested. We felt the experience called for it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app