Jolly Pirates (Aruba) VS. Jolly Roger (Barbados)

IMCruisin04

Hi! I'll be sailing the Carnival Destiny the week of May 30th, and I'm having a hard time deciding what to do in each port (St. Thomas, Dominica, Barbados and Aruba). My husband and I would like to do the Jolly Pirate in Arbua(booked online) or the Jolly Roger in Barbados (booked thru Carnival) but can't decide which to go with. Has anyone been on both? I would love to hear any comparisons between the two.

Here is a little background info: We're at each island approximately 10 hours (8/9 AM-10 PM). We're only doing ONE excursion between these two islands. In other words, if we're not on a pirate ship, we'll be shopping and hanging out at the beach. Do you think we'd be better off having something "formal" planned in Barbados, since it seems that taxi drivers and vendors seem to be a burden? That way we could just tour Aruba on our own, which everyone seems to love. Any insight will be appreciated!

Check out the huge Carnival Destiny thread on the Carnival board. If you go to page 25 or so, there is a great recent review with suggestions for independent tours. El Tigre Cruises was mentioned for Barbados and Jolly Pirate for Aruba. Also, if you check out the Moomba Beach Bar (where you go for Jolly Pirates tours) in Aruba it looks like a great place to spend the day or a few hours. Also, I bet it's pretty hopping once the sun sets. Beach bar, restaurant, restrooms, showers, beach, chairs, etc. Good luck! Will look forward to your review when you return!

Thanks for the advice mnsawyer! We've decided to go ahead and book the Jolly Pirate in Aruba. It looks like we'll get back in enough time to hang out at Moomba Beach, and hopefully get into Aruba to check out the shops and stuff. I am SO EXCITED about Aruba. I think my husband and I will have to just visit the island for a week sometime!

• 1 month later...

JOLLY PIRATES has a very nice web site which we found helpful:

http://jollypirates.com

We've been on The Jolly Roger in both Barbados and Antigua BUT never on The Jolly Pirate. From the info on the Jolly Pirates web site it seems to have more snorkeling than the Jolly Roger along with the FUN, PARTYING, and RUM of the JR. Hope to try it in January!

Looking forward to hearing the opinions of others on JOLLY PIRATES!

Happy Sailing! OCruisers

NO NO NO, the Jolly Roger in BARBADOS is the famous one!!! They have 2 boats and they usually go out together. The one in Aruba is much smaller.

Take a look at some pics on my website below, under "Destiny".

My advise, Jolly Roger in Barbados, and Mi Dushi in Aruba. The Mi Dushi is booked online thru thier website, check it out.

Jolly roger, pure party - strong rum punch rope swing

Mi Dushi - Higher class drinks, great lunch 3 snorkel stop, great value.

http://www.arubaadventures.com/midushi/

http://community.webshots.com/user/doctrd

Archived