Alcohol on board.

baytraller

We are looking to book our first Azamara cruise, but are just a little confused reading the brochure.

It states on page 4

"Every fare includes:"

"Select standard spirits, beer and wine are included throughout your voyage"

Over to the fine print on page 34

"What's not included?"

"Unless otherwise agreed, the price does not include ........ personal expenses ... alcoholic beverages (including wine outside of house wine with lunch and dinner) ...... "

So ... will we be able to enjoy an included pre or post dinner glass of wine as appears to be the case on page 4?

Or, is wine included only with lunch and dinner as appears to be the case in the fine print?

We are looking to book our first Azamara cruise, but are just a little confused reading the brochure.

It states on page 4

"What's not included?"

"Unless otherwise agreed, the price does not include ........ personal expenses ... alcoholic beverages (including wine outside of house wine with lunch and dinner) ...... "

So ... will we be able to enjoy an included pre or post dinner glass of wine as appears to be the case on page 4?

Or, is wine included only with lunch and dinner as appears to be the case in the fine print?

Wine is available everywhere and at any time of the day, except maybe breakfast time. The included wines are limited, a red and a white each day, and it changes every day. If you don't like the wine of the day you can ask for another included wine from another day. For example, my DW likes pinot grigio and does not care for chardonnay, she got her pinot included selection at dinner every night by asking.

If you want a special non included bottle they will charge you. But so will Regent, Seabourn, Crystal, et al. who operate similarly although the selections on the six star lines are usually broader.

Edited by Sailin' Shoes

It states on page 4

"What's not included?"

We had our first Azamara cruise last January on the Quest and it was great. Just recheck rules on board. Sometimes they change. Here are a few comments.

1. When we got on board and went to our cabin it was way too small and they said they had a suite available, but communication betwee Miami and the ship were poor and they did not so we ended up with an owners suite which had three bottles of booze complimentary which one can swap out if you don't like that.

2. Any alcohol oredered to be delivered to the cabin is charged for, even if it is in the included comp list.

3. Wine was on the comp list was good.

4. I didn't ask if I could have a bottle of wine (on the comp list) to take to the cabin, but probably not without a charge.

5. All coffee that we drank from the coffee shop was comped. I think you could even ask for some booze put in it--I think.

6. I have only been challenged on one cruise for booze in my luggage but that challenge went away. I doubt if you bring any onboard Azamara in checked luggage that you would be challenged.

7. I will drink any beer so not a problem for me.

8. I did think the comped wines on Azamara were better than the comped wines on Silversea. My wife did ask for a specific wine and it turned out to be on the comped list.

Many thanks scaple and sailin' shoes

Slowly finding links to Azamara information

The link below is for complimentary beverages

http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/our-ships/onboard-packages/complimentary-beverages

But is there a sparking white - champagne

Have now booked our first cruise and booking flights today

Cheers

Peter and Trish

Sparkling wine is not included as a comp beverage. If it's important to you buy a case of champagne right before you get on the ship. The ship personnel will gladly carry it on for you. No reason to hide any alcohol. Azamara could care less. The bartenders and waitstaff learn you likes very quickly and will set aside your favorites, or go fetch additional bottles. Also you can purchase a package of bottles of your favorite wines at a very good discount, that you can have served in any bar, or restaurant, or give you a bottle to bring to your room. I've not tested it but I think if you tried you could get drinks with breakfast. The pool bar usually opens around 10 AM, a perfect time for good Bloody Marys .

Enjoy your cruise!