Absolutely nothing to do with cruising but need a hug!

As some people on here know, Hubby has poor health. Well, this is deteriorating and we have finally decided that, much as we absolutely love our life here in inland Andalucía, we have to move to the coast where we are on bus routes as it doesn' t look as though Ians driving licence will be renewed next time and I don't drive.

House has today gone on the market (with the state of the property market here we will probably be still trying to sell in 5 years time!) and our road trip next week is going to be a potential re-location search rather than a holiday.

I know that I am being stupid, but I feel totally gutted and sometimes it is easier to offload emotions to relative strangers as on here than to people closer to home.

Sorry to be such a misery but, please, wish us luck as we need it in bucketfulls!

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Brenda

Edited by campolady

As some people on here know, Hubby has poor health. Well, this is deteriorating and we have finally decided that, much as we absolutely love our life here in inland Andalucía, we have to move to the coast where we are on bus routes as it doesn' t look as though Ians driving licence will be renewed next time and I don't drive.

House has today gone on the market (with the state of the property market here we will probably be still trying to sell in 5 years time!) and our road trip next week is going to be a potential re-location search rather than a holiday.

I know that I am being stupid, but I feel totally gutted and sometimes it is easier to offload emotions to relative strangers as on here than to people closer to home.

Sorry to be such a misery but, please, wish us luck as we need it in bucketfulls!

Brenda

Hi Brenda,

Sorry to hear this. I hope you can sell your house. It is such a stressful time moving home, I know. We downsized 9 years ago and I said "Never again:rolleyes:"

Try to look on the bright side. You will be close to the sea and nearer to Malaga if Thomson decide to run more cruises from there :)

Big hugs to you and your husband xxx

Sending Hugs. I do understand how upset you must feel at having to change your home and lifestyle but perhaps you will be able in time to look at it more positively and come to terms with it and be happier than you are feeling now. :)

Wishing you all the luck with the selling, searching & moving Brenda & sorry to hear this.

I am sure it has been a hard decision. At least you are able to stay in the sunshine in Spain and like Linda says you will be near the sea - sea air is always good for your health.

Best wishes to you both xx

Big hugs Brenda.

Hope things work out alright, sometimes these things occur for a reason and you come out of the other end of the tunnel better than you anticipated.

We moved from one northern town to another 5 years ago, I didn't want to move but had to for family reasons. Looking back now, I am so glad we did.

Don't find and fall in love with a place on the coast before you know you have sold your old house, you would feel worse then. Just check the areas next week, and have a lovely trip.

Joe.

Big hugs Brenda.

It must feel awful today, but hopefully your road trip will remove you from some of your worries, even though you are looking for new places to live! Sometimes just leaving our own walls even for a little while gives a lift of spirits.

Suzy x

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Wow! Thank you all!

When we came out of the Consultants surgery this morning I felt at rock bottom but, thanks to all your posts of support, I am sure that we can make a bright future for as long as we have left together.

Thanks again - and I apologise for being such a misery.

Brenda

Sending you tons of hugs and hope all goes well for you and hubby in the future and, as I'm sure you will, find your new home.

Edited by Mollythedolly

Once again - thank you for the amazing support.

I have had a good weep and can now face the future with a more positive mindset.

So sorry to have been such a crybaby and apologies for using the forum as a shoulder to cry on.

I can' t say a big enough thanks.

Good luck Campolady,

I hope things go well and you sell quickly.

I really feel for you both and send my best wishes for the future, hope things manage to settle down soon

Loads & Loads of hugs Be strong and you will get through this rough time Hubby has had cancer 3 times and you feel that nothing will be right again but things are OK at moment Cruise booked for June and looking at Panama Canal for February.....Really hope everything works out for you

So sorry that things are looking rather bleak at the moment - it's a very upsetting and unsettling time for you. I do hope that things begin to slot into place for you so that you can begin to look forward and things look more positive. I hope the house sale goes well and that you find somewhere lovely by the coast. Perhaps this will be a new chapter which I hope will bring you unexpected treasures. Good luck and my very best wishes to you both.

I am so sorry to hear this

life is rich, it has a habit of putting us into all sorts of situations and circumstances....some of them can be quite challenging

i would like to hold your hand and say to you....'you will get through this' {{hugs}}

yes, sometimes, it can be difficult to discuss how you really feel with those closest to you... even to yourself

keep talking, keep reaching out, its one of the best things you can do (especially when you are reeling from your feelings)…even on an anonymous forum there will be others who care, who understand, who can (and will) support you (and those people are nearly always available)

and above all, dont forget to take care of yourself

With all the wishes posted above including mine, you have in this post ..things will get better for you and your hubby :):):)

Good luck for your future and hope hubbys health improves :) Take care !

Hope your search goes well this week and that you find something which will really lift your spirits. Best of luck! :)

Thank you all - I cannot express how much I have appreciated all your comments.

I am now looking forward to the new part of our life - will let you all kinow how we get on this week.

You are all amazing people.

Thank you all - I cannot express how much I have appreciated all your comments.

I am now looking forward to the new part of our life - will let you all kinow how we get on this week.

You are all amazing people.

Awwwww, Brenda - lovely words & I agree- some lovely supportive comments from all on here - we may not all know each other in person but this can be such a lovely, friendly place for people to come, read & to talk. What a great bunch of people you all are :)