Alaska tourist book suggestions, please

Mytime2014

50 days. [picture Tigger bouncing around!!!]

Do I need to buy a tour guide - National Geographic [2013] Frommer or Fodor [both 2014]? The mile by mile Cruise Guide to Alaska? I would normally google everything, but given the hi Wi-Fi cost - I think I'll go more traditional!

I have a Kindle Fire but the glare..... so I thought I'd get a book to mark up and not care if it gets wet.

These are the ones I have seen suggested on the Alaska port of call board:

Frommer's and Fodor's books on Alaska.

Alaska by Cruiseship by Anne Vipond.

The Alaska Cruise Handbook: A Mile-by-Mile Guide by Joe Upton. It comes with a map of the Inside Passage and is a guide of what you will see along the way.

Check your local library and ebay before purchasing new. ;)

Edited by KroozFoolz

We use Joe Upton's. There will be a lot if "inside passage" information that you will not need because the Westerdam will be going on the west side of Vancouver Island. A new purchase will provide you with the map/chart and we find it informative. We tape the map to the wall and using the latitude/longiture provide on the TV "navigation" channel we can chart our actual real-time position. DW rolls her eyes but I like doing it.:D

We use Joe Upton's. There will be a lot if "inside passage" information that you will not need because the Westerdam will be going on the west side of Vancouver Island. A new purchase will provide you with the map/chart and we find it informative. We tape the map to the wall and using the latitude/longiture provide on the TV "navigation" channel we can chart our actual real-time position. DW rolls her eyes but I like doing it.:D

That sounds perfect as I plan to spend a lot of time sitting on deck gazing - I'll be able to track our progress.