!!! BREEZE !!! Western Caribbean ^_^ The Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide

gambee

Ummmm yeah, fixed ;). Don’t tell anyone I told you :D. But you know what, I like that, a kid should always win this type of game.

Day3-225_zps0274b9e6.jpg

By then my stomach was really bloated, I am not sure why. I mean I am lactose intolerant, but till then I had not eaten any cheese and even if I had, I took my enzymes (they usually work pretty well). At a point I thought I developed a fancy new intolerance, gluten. But I don’t think that is the case since my diet is high in gluten and I have been ok after that. Either way I decided to retreat to the balcony and try to see if relaxing a little could help me relieve it a little.

Day3-227_zps62479c81.jpg

And what better way to feel better than to drink a bottle of wine… Not my brightest move :D, actually pretty dumb… That made everything so much worse.

How cool is this picture? opening my bottle of wine an NCL wine opener on a Carnival cruise. lol. Traitor! Like I said in the past, I don’t play favorites. The funny thing is that I had completely forgotten to bring a wine opener and I found this one while going through my bad. But either way you can ask for one from guest/room service.

Day3-229_zps3f644dec.jpg

sooooo um yeah, here is me being totally stupid….

Day3-230_zpsd88fdee9.jpg

The ship was experiencing some light movement, I have to say that this is overall a very stable ship.

Day3-231_zps6e4adc03.jpg

I think I downed that bottle of wine, and while I was feeling overall relaxed, my tummy was pretty pissed off at me.

Day3-232_zpsf59e24f4.jpg

I somehow manage to take a long nap and woke up slightly hungry, but still sore. And what better way to that to go get a guys burger…. I was not thinking very clearly that day :/

No regrets though, those burgers are fantastic! The fries? Mehhhhh

Day3-237_zps3377b52d.jpg

Since they had a movie on the big screen I decided to head out an watch it.

Day3-238_zps9104f8d0.jpg

Day3-240_zpsbf1a0502.jpg

Funny enough I ended up watching the entire movie, not sure why it was actually pretty lousy… I think I was just worn out.

I remember getting some jacuzzi time after that, but for some reason I did not take pictures. The way I write these reviews is based on visual memory from the photographs. I take very few notes and they are usually early in the morning or late at night. Since I was feeling kind of lousy that day, I took zero notes.

I've only made it through the first page but I'm so excited to read this! Your reviews and pictures are always amazing. I sailed the Breeze last year and she's my favorite ship so far. Also I can't wait to see what you thought about solo cruising. I'm taking my 7th solo cruise this year and it's become my preferred way to travel. Bravo to you for going back to school. Also you mentioned your mom flying in from Colombia. I'm assuming maybe you're from there or have family there? I spent a week in Cartagena in February (with a day trip to Barranquilla for Carnaval) and that was my BEST trip- cruise or land based- ever! I wish the cruise lines had more port stops to Cartagena. Anyways, keep up the good work! Can't wait to read the rest! :D

I wish I could say that I did a lot more that day, but that was about it. I actually took 250 pictures that day VS the 600 average of the other days.

After the movie I retreated to the room and found this guy.

Day3-241_zps0299382e.jpg

And the fun times for Grand Cayman. He was very generous and gave extra chocolates, my aunt was very grateful for them. Like I said, they were very tasty.

Day3-242_zps2175e01c.jpg

I logged into the internet to send mom a quick email, it took me on average 2 minutes to send emails. It was later on during the cruise that I could simply log in and send a text message via iMessage much faster under one minute. From then on I did that and managed considerable savings. But then again you should just do what works for you.

But either way I am thinking about changing to T-mobile, since a CC cruiser told me that they have unlimited data internationally. That could really work to my benefit my cruising, granted it is only while you’re in port. I am planning on buying the iPhone 6 I think i will ditch AT&T and buy it under T-Mobile, I will have to go inquire.

So that was about it, I watched some TV. Oh, I don’t think I have discussed the TV yet. This one of Carnival weak point, just not enough channels and the movie channels spend to much time showing promos for movies and they repeat movies quite often. Also, for some reason they were showing very sad movies, like the notebook… I mean really Carnival, what are you thinking? They did have a few new ones like frozen and the lego movie, but you have no control over the free movies, they start when they start. And half of the time there is nothing to watch on TV, but news. Who in their wild mind want to watch the news 24/7 while on their cruise?!?!?!. I understand catching up is a good thing, but a lot of the time there was just nothing. I ended up putting the ship stats channel a lot. This is a total miss for Carnival, I think NCL is also weak this aspect. Disney nails it with the most amazing TV system ever, all the Disney movies are free anytime!!!

Anyway, that’s it for day 3 guys.

Day 3, End.

I've only made it through the first page but I'm so excited to read this! Your reviews and pictures are always amazing. I sailed the Breeze last year and she's my favorite ship so far. Also I can't wait to see what you thought about solo cruising. I'm taking my 7th solo cruise this year and it's become my preferred way to travel. Bravo to you for going back to school. Also you mentioned your mom flying in from Colombia. I'm assuming maybe you're from there or have family there? I spent a week in Cartagena in February (with a day trip to Barranquilla for Carnaval) and that was my BEST trip- cruise or land based- ever! I wish the cruise lines had more port stops to Cartagena. Anyways, keep up the good work! Can't wait to read the rest! :D

Well hello there, I am not sure I have met you before. If I did, I am terribly sorry, it's hard to keep with all the screen names. Wow, 7 solo, that is quite a bit of them. I am not entirely sure Solo is for me, but then again it is always an option. Yes I was born in Colombia, and I have been to Cartagena numbers times as my cousins were born there. I am so glad to know that you love Colombia, unfortunately we don't have the best reputation there. Although things are getting much better in the recent years.

Thank you so much for posting and reading my review, it is greatly appreciated :)

Well hello there, I am not sure I have met you before. If I did, I am terribly sorry, it's hard to keep with all the screen names. Wow, 7 solo, that is quite a bit of them. I am not entirely sure Solo is for me, but then again it is always an option. Yes I was born in Colombia, and I have been to Cartagena numbers times as my cousins were born there. I am so glad to know that you love Colombia, unfortunately we don't have the best reputation there. Although things are getting much better in the recent years.

Thank you so much for posting and reading my review, it is greatly appreciated :)

No I don't think we have officially. But stick around to when I start writing a review. Everyone seems to know me on the Carnival board. :) When you have some time, check out one of my reviews in my signature. They still get bumped up sometimes every few weeks. I know the amount of time and work that goes into writing one, so I appreciate all of your detail.

Yes, I fell in love with your country. People tried to discourage me from going because of the bad reputation from 20-30 years ago. I heard you're gonna get kidnapped, the FARC is gonna get you, it's so dangerous, etc. Now all my friends want to go because they see what a good time I had. Imagine that! :p

I wish I could say that I did a lot more that day, but that was about it. I actually took 250 pictures that day VS the 600 average of the other days.

After the movie I retreated to the room and found this guy.

Day3-241_zps0299382e.jpg

And the fun times for Grand Cayman. He was very generous and gave extra chocolates, my aunt was very grateful for them. Like I said, they were very tasty.

Day3-242_zps2175e01c.jpg

I logged into the internet to send mom a quick email, it took me on average 2 minutes to send emails. It was later on during the cruise that I could simply log in and send a text message via iMessage much faster under one minute. From then on I did that and managed considerable savings. But then again you should just do what works for you.

But either way I am thinking about changing to T-mobile, since a CC cruiser told me that they have unlimited data internationally. That could really work to my benefit my cruising, granted it is only while you’re in port. I am planning on buying the iPhone 6 I think i will ditch AT&T and buy it under T-Mobile, I will have to go inquire.

So that was about it, I watched some TV. Oh, I don’t think I have discussed the TV yet. This one of Carnival weak point, just not enough channels and the movie channels spend to much time showing promos for movies and they repeat movies quite often. Also, for some reason they were showing very sad movies, like the notebook… I mean really Carnival, what are you thinking? They did have a few new ones like frozen and the lego movie, but you have no control over the free movies, they start when they start. And half of the time there is nothing to watch on TV, but news. Who in their wild mind want to watch the news 24/7 while on their cruise?!?!?!. I understand catching up is a good thing, but a lot of the time there was just nothing. I ended up putting the ship stats channel a lot. This is a total miss for Carnival, I think NCL is also weak this aspect. Disney nails it with the most amazing TV system ever, all the Disney movies are free anytime!!!

Anyway, that’s it for day 3 guys.

Day 3, End.

Gambee- take into consideration that T-mobile's service is very inconsistent. My biggest complaint with T-mobile is that I often got shoddy to no service. Certain buildings and going underground - no service. Meanwhile, AT&T and Verizon subscribers were just chatting away. In the case of an emergency, I would hate to not have service. It is so bad that I had no problem paying to get out of my contract. Verizon was my first preference, but my phone (GSM) will not work so AT&T it is.

Ummmm yeah, fixed ;). Don’t tell anyone I told you :D. But you know what, I like that, a kid should always win this type of game.

Day3-225_zps0274b9e6.jpg

By then my stomach was really bloated, I am not sure why. I mean I am lactose intolerant, but till then I had not eaten any cheese and even if I had, I took my enzymes (they usually work pretty well). At a point I thought I developed a fancy new intolerance, gluten. But I don’t think that is the case since my diet is high in gluten and I have been ok after that. Either way I decided to retreat to the balcony and try to see if relaxing a little could help me relieve it a little.

Day3-227_zps62479c81.jpg

And what better way to feel better than to drink a bottle of wine… Not my brightest move :D, actually pretty dumb… That made everything so much worse.

How cool is this picture? opening my bottle of wine an NCL wine opener on a Carnival cruise. lol. Traitor! Like I said in the past, I don’t play favorites. The funny thing is that I had completely forgotten to bring a wine opener and I found this one while going through my bad. But either way you can ask for one from guest/room service.

Day3-229_zps3f644dec.jpg

I love that you drink the Wal-Mart version of Two-Buck-Chuck! We should be friends!

No I don't think we have officially. But stick around to when I start writing a review. Everyone seems to know me on the Carnival board. :) When you have some time, check out one of my reviews in my signature. They still get bumped up sometimes every few weeks. I know the amount of time and work that goes into writing one, so I appreciate all of your detail.

Yes, I fell in love with your country. People tried to discourage me from going because of the bad reputation from 20-30 years ago. I heard you're gonna get kidnapped, the FARC is gonna get you, it's so dangerous, etc. Now all my friends want to go because they see what a good time I had. Imagine that! :p

I will check your reviews once I am done with this one, it seems you have quite a few of them. Glad you loved Colombia, there is really no danger in the coast with FARC and other guerrilla groups. Thank you for expressing that here, tourism is always good for any country.

Ill see you around :)

Gambee- take into consideration that T-mobile's service is very inconsistent. My biggest complaint with T-mobile is that I often got shoddy to no service. Certain buildings and going underground - no service. Meanwhile, AT&T and Verizon subscribers were just chatting away. In the case of an emergency, I would hate to not have service. It is so bad that I had no problem paying to get out of my contract. Verizon was my first preference, but my phone (GSM) will not work so AT&T it is.

Yeah that is one of my worries, I am also grandfathered into one of the good plans of AT&T so it is hard to break apart from that. Also, I really only spend about $30-$50 on internet any way. So on better thought I think I might keep my current cell provider. Thank you for the heads up.

I love that you drink the Wal-Mart version of Two-Buck-Chuck! We should be friends!

Lol, gets the job done ;).

Initially I was going to get a bottle of Nobilo, but my wallet said otherwise.

Still so funny and always so great! You do know you brighten peoples days with your words, pictures and sharing!!! Thanks again! ;)

Thank you, more than anything I enjoy making people have a good time. Its good to know that these reviews do just that. And hey I am simply narrating a set of events :D

Gambee, your Breeze review is fantastic! I'm enjoying every word of it and love all your pictures...especially the illustration modes which completely gives the photo a whole new life and story to it. I wish I could afford a camera with that great feature!

It's probably coming up later in your review, but I'd like to ask....when Breeze docks in Grand Caymen & Cozumel, which side of the ship did passengers get off?

I'm curious because I'm booking next week for March on Breeze 6 day itinerary to Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman, & Cozumel and for the views, I'd like to have my ocean view room facing the same side....yet I don't know whether to choose port or starboard side.

Thanks, and I'm even catching up on all your past reviews. You have quite a talent for both writing & photography! :)

Gambee, your Breeze review is fantastic! I'm enjoying every word of it and love all your pictures...especially the illustration modes which completely gives the photo a whole new life and story to it. I wish I could afford a camera with that great feature!

It's probably coming up later in your review, but I'd like to ask....when Breeze docks in Grand Caymen & Cozumel, which side of the ship did passengers get off?

I'm curious because I'm booking next week for March on Breeze 6 day itinerary to Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman, & Cozumel and for the views, I'd like to have my ocean view room facing the same side....yet I don't know whether to choose port or starboard side.

Thanks, and I'm even catching up on all your past reviews. You have quite a talent for both writing & photography! :)

Both times we were on the port side, but don't be surprised if your cruise uses the opposite side.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Both times we were on the port side, but don't be surprised if your cruise uses the opposite side.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks for the info. I was actually leaning towards port side so I think i'll just continue to book there and keep my fingers crossed! I had no idea it may change from cruise to cruise. That's interesting.

For our Breeze cruise: Grand Cayman is a tender port dont forget... Departures to the tenders were being conducted on both sides of the ship. Our return tender embarked on the starboard side. With the amount of wind that day, the starboard rooms had the island view!

Cozumel, We docked ont the Port side, but I am pretty sure it is a random assingment when the port authority is planning it all out and we could have easily ended up on the other side of the pier.

Our Breeze was the 6 day at the end of March, almost identical itinerary.. Be prepared for kids.. the CD stated over 1500 kids on board. Unlike Gambee's trip, there was almost always a 20-30 minute wait for the twister slide (less for the bowl) with some minor exceptions.