Question about groups on the Pearl

Has anyone arranged a group on a Norwegian Cruise? I am wondering if there are special embarkation lines for groups or is it every stateroom for themselves? I know everyone has to have the documents checked individually but wondered if there was a special line for groups.

They make it hard to arrange for group. No information. Lots of screw up-some mine-some theirs.

Any information would be appreciated.

I'm curious on the answer also. I'm traveling with 16 people on the Pearl in 2 weeks. We didn't book as a group through. We all booked our cabins individually so they may not consider us a group but it would be nice if we could get help with boarding or dining together.

What size group r u talking?

8 Balcony staterooms and 16 people. Decided to take the family on a cruise to Alaska.

Managed a group dinner at Cagney's for my son's birthday. Trying to arrange one of the glacier tours for the group.

Can't find one person to deal with for arrangements beyond payments (I don't even want to talk about what I went through!).

Tried to book a hotel the night before we cruise and the night we return but tried to late. NCL tried, but couldn't help us. I had no trouble getting a hotel without NCL, but now have to pay extra to get to the ship and gthen to the hotel when we return.

No real advantage to booking a group and NCL didn't give me any choice once a reached the 8th stateroom.

Not a great experience.

Has anyone arranged a group on a Norwegian Cruise? I am wondering if there are special embarkation lines for groups or is it every stateroom for themselves? I know everyone has to have the documents checked individually but wondered if there was a special line for groups.

They make it hard to arrange for group. No information. Lots of screw up-some mine-some theirs.

Any information would be appreciated.

I have done 2 on NCL ships, but it has been a few years: everyone checks in separately. To set a group up, just call NCL and ask for the group desk. They will take it from there. Just read your second posting: it seems you didn't set it up as a group to begin with; if that is the case, you can't get much help. It is the group desk that would have been able to assist you. You would have also been giving some perks, but it is too late now. Enjoy your cruise and happy Birthday to your son.

Edited by newmexicoNita

I'm curious on the answer also. I'm traveling with 16 people on the Pearl in 2 weeks. We didn't book as a group through. We all booked our cabins individually so they may not consider us a group but it would be nice if we could get help with boarding or dining together.

you can get help with dining; just talk to the dining room of your choice and set something up. Too bad you didn't do a group but it is too late now. It does take 8 cabins to be considered a group.

A TA would have been happy to book your cabins, hotel, transfers. But that is all past. Now just left is having a great vacation with your friends. Try to get your dining arrangements as suggested speaking with onboard management. Recapping the day over a meal is a great way to reunite with your group. Hope you enjoy your cruise despite the rough start.

I have booked groups with NCL and have never had any problems. I actually have my second group booked on the Getaway. We usually have anywhere from 20 to 30 cabins. You need to book your group ahead of time to get all of the help you are looking for. NCL is very easy to work with for groups.

Thank you for your responses. I did talk to NCL about group and I did get two "perks". The reduced the total fare by the cost of one berth and gave each state room an OBC. The dining arrangement was through NCL group administration as well. The problem is you have to drag information out of them. I don't know if it is because they don't have the information or they are disinterested in helping.:o