Solymar Hotel?

BaltoTraveler

When I was asking some of the Costa Maya hotels whether they minded cruise ship passengers using them as a base for lunch, snorkeling, and beach time, one of them recommended the Solymar Hotel, about 5 KM outside Mahahual. Their website - http://www.solymarmahahual.com/ - makes it sound like just what we're looking for (i.e. our own private "beach party", rather than an all-you-can-drink mob scene). I've e-mailed the owners, but haven't heard back yet.

Anyone familiar with it?

- Bill

Give them a little more time. I bet they don't have internet access and, as most people down here, they check emails one or twice a week.

I just to go fishing right off the shore at Sol y mar, when they had only a couple of huts for rent. I still remember how quiet it was and the what a great time we had everytime we went there.

There were some reports on this board from a family or two who tried the Solymar. I believe you could search for those reports to read what they had to say. From what I remember they said the owners were great, they had a good time, but don't look for anything fancy. And yes, I believe when I emailed them they said they have to check their email in town (as in Bacalar, 85 miles away) and don't get it often. Be patient.

Su

Archived