Boardwalk on Allure

We are looking at this fall on the Allure. There is a great rate for a B2 #14321 for $1,650.98 for the two of us. They are saying it has an obstructed view which I assume is the walkway with the Allure of the Seas sign.

To go to a D6 it would be $934. more. Which would you chose and why? I have a hold on the boardwalk room since it was the last one. We would be celebrating our 17th anniversary.

We would be cruising 9/28/14.

I think there would be less kids/teenagers on the ship since most would be back in school.

I like Boardwalk on the Oasis class, but I prefer the rooms where you can see the aquatheater (the 5 or so closest to the theater -- 729-719 an 329-319). Beyond the cheaper price, the ability to see what's going on in the theater and see the water from the aft is one of the big draws of a boardwalk room.

I also prefer closer to the ground -- Decks 8-10, to avoid the noise of the sports deck, which to me trumps the noise from the boardwalk itself. However, the times I've sailed have had more kids (summer, spring break, thanksgiving) so that may be less of an issue on your cruise.

The sports deck is on the starboard side of the ship and this room is on the port side. Does that make a difference?

I've seen people say that when you shut your door you cannot hear very much noise. We are early to bed people (compared to most) but this price is just so fabulous. It is even cheaper than the lowest category - inside room!

The doors do a great job of blocking out most noise.

I don't know how much the side matters -- you just have a lot of people going back and forth up there (b-ball court, mini golf, people watching the zipline, etc).

We've never had a an issue with the noise being a problem, you can hear it, but it's not loud (especially with the door closed), but the highest we've ever been is Deck 10 (vs Deck 8) and we definitely noticed it more higher up. Again, not as a "Oh my god this racket is horrible" more like "wow, lots of people up there having fun."

It really depends on you -- some people get more bothered than noise by others, obviously!

We are looking at this fall on the Allure. There is a great rate for a B2 #14321 for $1,650.98 for the two of us. They are saying it has an obstructed view which I assume is the walkway with the Allure of the Seas sign.

To go to a D6 it would be $934. more. Which would you chose and why? I have a hold on the boardwalk room since it was the last one. We would be celebrating our 17th anniversary.

We would be cruising 9/28/14.

I think there would be less kids/teenagers on the ship since most would be back in school.

I would book what you have on hold. You are correct in assuming there will be way fewer kids onboard. I would have suggested a lower deck if that was not the case. You are correct in your assumption about the view. It is a good price for that date. Keep an eye on in case they go down before final payment.

We were blessed to get a great deal on Oasis for 08/22/15 for $1489.00 for two including taxes and fees plus perks from our TA. Enjoy!!

Another question ... we have the Allure booked for 3/08/15 for a GS and we booked during the BOGOHO sale on May 1st and we got a pretty good deal but that cruise will cost us $2,337.24 more. Of course, it is a GS but we probably would not use the CL very much (if any), we do not drink. Mainly picked this cabin because we have never been in a GS and would like the extra room BUT $2.337 more would be another cruise!!

We would be cancelling the 3/08/15 cruise and taking the 9/28/14 cruise instead. The pros for changing would be:

Cruise is sooner rather than later (hate waiting)

Eastern Caribbean vs Western

Anniversary is 10/04

Less children on board during this time

The cons would be:

A GS instead of B2

Spring break 3/08 for some areas

Just another few things to consider about my situation.

I would book what you have on hold. You are correct in assuming there will be way fewer kids onboard. I would have suggested a lower deck if that was not the case. You are correct in your assumption about the view. It is a good price for that date. Keep an eye on in case they go down before final payment.

We were blessed to get a great deal on Oasis for 08/22/15 for $1489.00 for two including taxes and fees plus perks from our TA. Enjoy!!

Was this for a boardwalk balcony room?

Bump .... need to make a decision today!!!

Anymore comments about this room - 14321???

Thanks,

I would keep the boardwalk the upgrade price seems kinda high. The only obstruction looks like the ceiling above you and being in eye line of the allure of the seas walkway. Boardwalk is fun I would keep it and keep checking for price drops up until final payment.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Another question ... we have the Allure booked for 3/08/15 for a GS and we booked during the BOGOHO sale on May 1st and we got a pretty good deal but that cruise will cost us $2,337.24 more. Of course, it is a GS but we probably would not use the CL very much (if any), we do not drink. Mainly picked this cabin because we have never been in a GS and would like the extra room BUT $2.337 more would be another cruise!!

We would be cancelling the 3/08/15 cruise and taking the 9/28/14 cruise instead. The pros for changing would be:

Cruise is sooner rather than later (hate waiting)

Eastern Caribbean vs Western

Anniversary is 10/04

Less children on board during this time

The cons would be:

A GS instead of B2

Spring break 3/08 for some areas

Just another few things to consider about my situation.

Obviously a personal decision - but just a comment regarding the concierge lounge. Even if you don't drink, the lounge on the Allure and Oasis is totally different from any other ship. Particularly enjoyed the full breakfast and lunch. Service was excellent and a nice quiet place to sit and eat. So different from other ships.

Bump .... need to make a decision today!!!

Anymore comments about this room - 14321???

Thanks,

Stick with the Boardwalk cabin. You won't see much of the Aqua theater but you can always head down to deck 11 or 12... each has a seldom used huge tucked away balcony for viewing.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using forums app