Our NYC plan ~ looking for advice

CupKayke

It took me forever to get DH to New York but then was lucky to get there twice last year.

We bought hop on hop off tickets which was a great way to get an overview off the City.

We ate at John's as someone mentioned earlier it was good pizza. We went to Carnegies and had cheese cake, one piece was enough for 2 of us, they take cash only.

We also ate at Ellen's Stardust Diner ( I think that was the name) not far from Carnegie Deli. You could miss it if you aren't looking for it. Reasonable prices and basic good food. The servers are all budding performers and they sing the whole time you are there. Great entertainment.

We also did "THE RIDE" it was great fun. It is a bus tour where you sit facing the street and they take you around the streets of NYC and suddenly a performance breaks out in front you on the street. It is fun watching the other people on the street as well, some just ignore what is happening and others are spellbound.

We also went to TKTS to get show tickets. It can be quite a wait but we made the most of it. Also if you go to the show one night and want to go to another the next night, keep your ticket stub because you can go to the express line the second night and that is a much shorter line.

We went by Letterman's studio and there was a stand by line but DH was tired of lines by then. Maybe next time....

Both times we used DIAL7 car service, from airport to hotel and hotel to cruise ship. Good rates and they were on time.

There is so much to do I can't wait to go back.

I know you will have fun no matter what you do.

Glad you had a good time. As you've realized, there's so much more to do! I'd love to get back in the museums, especially the new 911 museum, but I fear I won't make it to them as long as there's a Bdwy show I haven't seen !

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app