Lost Luggage

txmom11

Have any of you ever had to sail without your luggage? My boarding pass and trip documents were in my checked bag. Dumb, I know. What do I do if I can't find a printer?

We flew to San Juan today and are sailing tomorrow. We arrived on time, but the bags didn't get here. What's worse is the airline doesn't know where they are or when they'll get here.

We found a mall and can replace our stuff and we'll have clothes. Not what we want, but better that than not cruising.

Any ideas on what to do?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Your Hotel will print your doc,s for you:)

Hope you have Travel Insurance:)

2 years ago we flew from Australia to Vegas to get married and my wife's luggage with wedding dress didnt arrive in Vegas with us:eek::eek::eek:

We got it around 12 hours later it was delivered to our hotel.

During the uncontrollable tears and shear panic (from the wife:D) at the airport we were told that luggage quite often does not travel with the guest and on the same plane and there must have been a delay with the plane following ours.

Forgot to mention, keep calling the airport all the time! with delayed luggage it gets couriered out but not individually so they drop off first by location to airport and urgency if required.

Our luggage arrived at the hotel 12 hours late but at reception we were told it possibly arrived at the airport soon after we left but they have to do all the hotels on the way to ours first!

Thanks y'all. We just got at a call from the airport. Our bags have arrived and will be at the hotel before midnight. It's 10:30 now and I'm exhausted.

I feel so bad for another couple on our flight. They were cruising on Royal Caribbean and set sail at 8:00. They consciously chose to fly in the same day because they wanted to stay a couple of days after their cruise. The wife and I were talking on the plane and I asked her if she was nervous. She said no. Famous last words. They had to cruise with the clothes on their backs, and they'd dressed for comfort. She had her makeup so that was a plus but she was so upset.

Said she will never fly in the same day again. Hard lesson to learn. We had a plan our clothes and would have been fine. I had my bathing suit, wore a sun dress on the plan and had on dressy flip flops that I totally would have worn to elegant night if push came to shove.

And Buddylover, we NEVER cruise without insurance--too many things can happen.

Thank you everyone for your support on this. I was irritated and frustrated but it would not have ruined our cruise. We were ready to turn it into an adventure. 😉

My luggage was misdirected and never made it during my first cruise. I had one bag with lingerie and shoes, and that's all. I rented a formal outfit from formalities, bought some shorts and tees onboard, and went shopping when we got to port.

During a jewelry sale, the salesman was trying to sell me a "ring to go with every outfit" and I told him how easy that would be since I only had one. A fellow passenger heard me and lent me an extra swimsuit for the week, so it worked out OK. I did laundry every other day :(

I filed a claim with the airline when I returned and was reimbursed for all of my purchases.

I learned a valuable lesson. Now I always pack a change of clothes and one swimsuit in my carry-on bag.

We were at guest services to get key cards switch when a woman came running up and said they needed to open the door because they left all their money, credit cards, and luggage in the car. They showed her the ship was no longer docked, and she just screamed at everyone. "JUST LET ME OFF! I'd rather not go at all!" We just pulled up a sofa and watched the fun.

Carnival gave the whole family 2 logo t-shirts, pants, and flip flops for each of them. That's all we saw them wear all week.

Thanks y'all. We just got at a call from the airport. Our bags have arrived and will be at the hotel before midnight. It's 10:30 now and I'm exhausted.

I feel so bad for another couple on our flight. They were cruising on Royal Caribbean and set sail at 8:00. They consciously chose to fly in the same day because they wanted to stay a couple of days after their cruise. The wife and I were talking on the plane and I asked her if she was nervous. She said no. Famous last words. They had to cruise with the clothes on their backs, and they'd dressed for comfort. She had her makeup so that was a plus but she was so upset.

Said she will never fly in the same day again. Hard lesson to learn. We had a plan our clothes and would have been fine. I had my bathing suit, wore a sun dress on the plan and had on dressy flip flops that I totally would have worn to elegant night if push came to shove.

Wow, glad you got your luggage back! Hope you have a very relaxing time after all the pre-cruise stress!

Have any of you ever had to sail without your luggage? My boarding pass and trip documents were in my checked bag. Dumb, I know. What do I do if I can't find a printer?

We flew to San Juan today and are sailing tomorrow. We arrived on time, but the bags didn't get here. What's worse is the airline doesn't know where they are or when they'll get here.

We found a mall and can replace our stuff and we'll have clothes. Not what we want, but better that than not cruising.

Any ideas on what to do?

Glad to hear everything worked out. This kind of stress is not what you needed.

FYI, Carnival passengers do not need print outs of boarding passes. As long as they pre-checked in online, identification (birth certificate and certified id or passport) is all that is required.

Now relax and enjoy your cruise.

this is now a none issue but no worries had it not arrived. once at port you would have to go the through the process like they used to prior to it happening online. the port authority person could print it for you at the desk. just a few minutes longer checking in.

Years ago, my luggage went on a Princess cruise and we were on another ship. We had taken bus transport from Orlando to FLL. Princess was first drop off, but the driver never reloaded our luggage. When we got back, our luggage was secured and waiting for us. Had basically no post cruise laundry:D

I must say I'm very, very relieved when my SO finds both of our bags. We do fly in a day early so there would at least be time to get our bags to us if just slightly delayed and not lost.

Did you fly DELTA dont expect luggage to arrive.

its hard for delta to keep track of luggage due to them changing your flights every 15 minutes. for our last cruise in they changed like a dozen times. lol

Glad to hear everything worked out. This kind of stress is not what you needed.

FYI, Carnival passengers do not need print outs of boarding passes. As long as they pre-checked in online, identification (birth certificate and certified id or passport) is all that is required.

Now relax and enjoy your cruise.

Not necessarily true, Because the Port of Jacksonville Florida you have to show your boarding passes and legal ID before they even let you near the ship or even park. Just saying, Some Ports are not so leanent on that situation, I would rather print out copies and put them in a note book and put it in my carry on, I also have a copy in my purse with My passport and a copy of my passport in the note book.

OP I am glad everything worked out, I once took a trip with my sister and we were stuck between two airports for 36 hours and when we got to our destination finally they had lost our luggage and we had to go 3 days with out our clothes and thank heavens we had extra money to go and buy some because we went from 100 degree weather to 43 degree weather in a matter of hours. Glad it worked out for you.

Edited by looneytunes31419
adding

In long beach you have to show your boarding pass to get into the platinum diamond check-in as well as the dome to check your carry on luggage

Copyofth_Carnival-VIFP-Platinum_zps41db4d4e1_zps02e438c7.jpg

They double check against the manifest.

Friends had problems getting into the Dome for regular checkin. By the time they remembered to print it out, the program was shut down.

TA emailed their paperwork, unfortunately it only had the wife's name in it. Took a while to confirm the husband was on the manifest.