Liberty May 9 Southern Review

pirate4me2

I am getting so much great info from you review! Thanks for sharing.

We are actually considering a second trip in June, since the Southern Itineraries are pretty cheap right now! :) I think we will wait until we are onboard on the 7th to see what kind of deal we can get...

You should do it, the ports are great! Have fun on your upcoming cruise!

Our last day on board the Liberty was a rainy one. I woke up about 9 to the pitter patter of rain on the balcony. I guess the weather was trying to match my mood about my vacation coming to an end! We decided to go eat at the sea day brunch one last time, as we had yet to use our free drink coupons that have to be used at breakfast, brunch or lunch. We were seated at a table for 6. I ordered the fresh fruit plate and Chris got the Cesar salad. The fruit was good, and of course the salad was. J For our main course we deiced to try the Mac and Cheese. Yes, I ate Mac and Cheese at 10:15 in the morning. Hey, I am on vacation! I opted to have it with chicken in it while Chris got steak. All I can say about the Mac and Cheese is YUMMMMM! I will totally order it again at brunch. I also decided to try the desserts, and they were nothing special. I tried the cheesecake; Chris tried the brownie. I won’t order either one in the future.

It had quit raining by the time we finished brunch, so I decided to try and get a little bit of last minute balcony time in. I was able to lay in the wonderful sun for maybe an hour before the rain came pouring back down. At this point we wandered to the atrium, and there was a guitar soloist playing. He was really, really good! We also went to Turbo Trivia, which was fun, and Gender Showdown Part 2, which we left from early.

If you are a gold VIFP club member or higher, this was the day the past guest party was held.

For dinner we went to the MDR to see Gideon one last time. Chris ordered the shark appetizer, which I tried and didn’t like, but he ate it all and said it was pretty good. He also got the BBQ chicken flatbread and liked it a lot. I stuck with my good old salad. Chris ate the prime rib for dinner, which he said was awesome, and I got the cornbread chicken, which was soooo good. I loved it! I got a side of mashed potatoes, which were really good as well. For dessert I ordered the cherry pie, and it was…well, not my idea of cherry pie. They added a lot of whatever it is that makes pie filling set up and it was like jello almost. I understand why they did it, to make it so the pie didn’t run all over the plate, but still…it was not really appealing to look at, and in all honesty it didn’t taste really good. Chris opted for the melting cake, which I should have stuck with, it was perfect tonight! It was nice and gooey in the middle, but not as gooey as pudding. Oh it looked good!

We went to the comedy after dinner and loved the comedian. I forget who it was, but he was really good.

To close out or final night onboard, we went to the Piano Bar to say goodbye to Barry. It was a good end to the cruise. We didn’t stay too late, as we had packing to do.

All good things must come to an end, and ours ended bright and early the next morning. Well, I shouldn’t say it was bright, as we were up before the sun rise. I got up, dressed, and stood on the balcony as we pulled into port. We opted to do the self-assist disembarkation, so we went to the Silver Olympian dining room at 7:15. We were off the ship and in our hotel shuttle at 8:05.

I have to say, after our trip Chris and I are in agreement that Port Canaveral is our favorite port to sail from. It was super easy getting on and off the ship, and the area around the port was nicer than a big city like Miami. I want to sail from PC more in the future!

The Liberty really is a great ship, and I wouldn't hesitate to sail her again. She is in good shape, and the decor is wonderful. All the staff we encountered were great. She and the Breeze are currently in competition over who is my #1 ship!

The Southern itinerary is by far my favorite that I have sailed to date. Grand Turk is just dear to my heart anyway, and Aruba and Curacao are islands I want to explore some more. I forsee myself booking a Southern itinerary again in the not so distant future!

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask. I hope this has been helpful to those sailing on Liberty soon!

HI HI HI!!!

Fabulous review of a fabulous cruise :)

Congrats on your ship on a stick (I only managed to win a 'medal' this time).....also love the Southern itinerary and excellent mix of ports and sea days.....my 3rd time on the Liberty and she is still quite a lovely ship!

I have to say, after our trip Chris and I are in agreement that Port Canaveral is our favorite port to sail from. It was super easy getting on and off the ship, and the area around the port was nicer than a big city like Miami. I want to sail from PC more in the future!

The Liberty really is a great ship, and I wouldn't hesitate to sail her again. She is in good shape, and the decor is wonderful. All the staff we encountered were great. She and the Breeze are currently in competition over who is my #1 ship!

The Southern itinerary is by far my favorite that I have sailed to date. Grand Turk is just dear to my heart anyway, and Aruba and Curacao are islands I want to explore some more. I forsee myself booking a Southern itinerary again in the not so distant future!

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask. I hope this has been helpful to those sailing on Liberty soon!

I just wanted to say thank you for your review. It has come at a great time as we have just booked our very first Carnival cruise on Liberty out of Port Canaveral (which is our favourite port too) sailing the same itinerary you have done. Great to read and so many learning points for us Carnival virgins! Thanks again

HI HI HI!!!

Fabulous review of a fabulous cruise :)

Congrats on your ship on a stick (I only managed to win a 'medal' this time).....also love the Southern itinerary and excellent mix of ports and sea days.....my 3rd time on the Liberty and she is still quite a lovely ship!

Thanks Froufie! Its nothing like your reviews, which I always love reading, but I am hoping it will help future cruisers! It was great to meet you!

I just wanted to say thank you for your review. It has come at a great time as we have just booked our very first Carnival cruise on Liberty out of Port Canaveral (which is our favourite port too) sailing the same itinerary you have done. Great to read and so many learning points for us Carnival virgins! Thanks again

Have a wonderful cruise!

Thank you for this great review! We sail Liberty on Jan. 16, 2015, but they've changed ports from Curaçao to Bonaire. I was just in Grand Turk on the Conquest, and loved this port, the beach and swimming were wonderful, didn't make it to Jack's, but will definitely go this next time.

Enjoyed your review! We were also on this cruise. We had a great time and even won a ship on a stick, too.

I agree that the new menus left a little to be desired. My favoite appetizers were not on the menu (chicken tenders and spring rolls). Not enough dessert choices as well.

The Liberty is a great ship and the ports were awesome.

Enjoyed your review! We were also on this cruise. We had a great time and even won a ship on a stick, too.

I agree that the new menus left a little to be desired. My favoite appetizers were not on the menu (chicken tenders and spring rolls). Not enough dessert choices as well.

The Liberty is a great ship and the ports were awesome.

Those are my favorite appetizers too!! Love the spring rolls.

Great review, thank you.

We will be booking a b2b on Liberty for May 2015. We have never cruised Carnival before, or the Caribbean in May. Can you tell us how the weather has been? How hot? Also how is the water temp, is it hot yet in May or still pretty cool ?

Thanks

Great review, thank you.

We will be booking a b2b on Liberty for May 2015. We have never cruised Carnival before, or the Caribbean in May. Can you tell us how the weather has been? How hot? Also how is the water temp, is it hot yet in May or still pretty cool ?

Thanks

It was pretty hot weather, we decided we wouldn't cruise any later into summer than what we did. I would sweat when sitting on the balcony, which I've never done before, and in port the AC on the buses was a blessing. I'd say it was high 80s to 90s. The water was amazing though, perfect for swimming! Cold at first, but so refreshing.

Great review, #1! What's amazing is we were on the same cruise but I wouldn't know it based on your review. We were also busy the whole time but with different things, making it so evident that Carnival has something for everyone. I do echo your opinions on the entertainment staff. Seems like half the stuff we showed up to didn't even have an activity person there to run it. Missed out on many a ship on a stick because of their poor planning!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great review, #1! What's amazing is we were on the same cruise but I wouldn't know it based on your review. We were also busy the whole time but with different things, making it so evident that Carnival has something for everyone. I do echo your opinions on the entertainment staff. Seems like half the stuff we showed up to didn't even have an activity person there to run it. Missed out on many a ship on a stick because of their poor planning!

Hi #2! LOL it seemed like we always saw you guys in the MDR but that was about it. It was a great cruise tho, even with the lack of activities. Chris just told me he wants to go back right now. Haha.

Thanks Froufie! Its nothing like your reviews, which I always love reading, but I am hoping it will help future cruisers! It was great to meet you!

You definitely helped me :) I copied and pasted a lot of the info to a document to remind myself to try out different things you wrote about.

Were you able to recover your pictures?

You definitely helped me :) I copied and pasted a lot of the info to a document to remind myself to try out different things you wrote about.

Were you able to recover your pictures?

Unfortunately no, nothing I tried worked. I am going to contact the memory card company and see if they may have a way to recover them if I send them the card. Fingers crossed! I told Chris that this is just a reason to sail Liberty again. :)

Thank you SO MUCH for taking the time for such a detailed review !! We board the Liberty next Saturday, so now I know who to ask for as our dinner server :) We have a totally different itinerary, but if there is any photo of just the ship I could take for you, just name it!!!

Thank you SO MUCH for taking the time for such a detailed review !! We board the Liberty next Saturday, so now I know who to ask for as our dinner server :) We have a totally different itinerary, but if there is any photo of just the ship I could take for you, just name it!!!

Enjoy your cruise! Can you get a photo of the atrium? That was my favorite part of the ship, with all the wrought iron and the chandeliers. I loved it when the big chandelier was one color and all the little ones were a different color. Thanks!!

Enjoy your cruise! Can you get a photo of the atrium? That was my favorite part of the ship, with all the wrought iron and the chandeliers. I loved it when the big chandelier was one color and all the little ones were a different color. Thanks!!

I'm going to work on getting my pics loaded today. I can send you some if you want!

Will be glad to ;)