Arrival time at Venice on the Jade

Ewoodspark

The Jade arrived at Venice on Saturday morning from a cruise around the Greek Isles. For anybody on that cruise, can you please advise what time the Jade actually docked at Venice and what time did disembarkation start? Also, did anybody do their own thing at Santorini? I am particularly interested in either the boat option to Oia or if anybody caught the local bus from Fira to Oia and how successful this option was

The Jade arrived at Venice on Saturday morning from a cruise around the Greek Isles. For anybody on that cruise, can you please advise what time the Jade actually docked at Venice and what time did disembarkation start? Also, did anybody do their own thing at Santorini? I am particularly interested in either the boat option to Oia or if anybody caught the local bus from Fira to Oia and how successful this option was

Hi, we just returned from the Venice cruise last night. The ship arrived right on time. There is no walk off disembarkation on the Jade. You must leave your larger suitcases outside your door the night before. But we were off the ship just shortly after 8AM. There is no customs or Immigration to go thru when you get off the ship.

Disembarkation started about 8:10.

The bus from Fira to Oia is a great option. Its a 10 minute walk from the cable car and a 1.6 euro cost and about 25 minutes and it takes you right to the entrance to the touristy area of Oia. We got dropped off at the town before Fira on the way back and walked along the caldra for about 15 minutes until we reached the cable car for the ride down to the port. We loved our day in Santorini.

The bus from Fira to Oia is a great option. Its a 10 minute walk from the cable car and a 1.6 euro cost and about 25 minutes and it takes you right to the entrance to the touristy area of Oia.

Thanks for that information. Did you manage to get an early tender to get to the cable car and the bus staion before all the crowds? Do you know what time they started giving out the tender tickets? Also did you have to wait long at Fira for the bus to Oia.? I believe last week they were still on their Winter bus timetable

Thanks for that information. Did you manage to get an early tender to get to the cable car and the bus staion before all the crowds? Do you know what time they started giving out the tender tickets? Also did you have to wait long at Fira for the bus to Oia.? I believe last week they were still on their Winter bus timetable

I believe that they handed out the tender tickets between 9:30 and 10:30. We had priority tendering and were on the first tender out. Shore excursions go to a different port and use a different exit off of the ship as well. We took the cable car up and wandered Fira. We stopped for a coffee and snack and e-mailed home. Strolled to the bus stop. Boarded the bus to Oia and waited less than 5 minutes. There was heavy cloud coverage in Fira but the weather in Oia was lovely. We walked all the way down to Amoudi Bay in Oia and enjoyed delishious appetizers at Sunset Restaurant. We loved walking down and taking pictures and escaping the crowds. The walk back up was not easy but we really enjoyed it. You could take a donkey back up for 5 euros FYI but we chose not to do that. We caught the bus back at the same place that we were dropped off. I think that the bus came around 7. We may have waited 10 minutes for it. I had read that this was an easy do it yourself port and we really did find this to be true. At around 6:30 bus loads of people were dropped off for the sunset in Oia. We must have seen 13-15 buses parked and those were large tour buses. We would not have wanted to stay past 7 as the place was getting to be a madhouse. We got dropped in the town before Fira and walked and took picutures and stopped for a glass of wine at a beautifully located bar/cafe where there was maybe 6-8 people enjoying the sunset along with us. Within 10 minutes walk from there we hit the cable car. I think that we got in line a few minutes before 9 and were on the tender at 9:20 or so which was just before the last of the NCL shore excursion passengers. They noted the time of the last tender to be 9 pm BTW.